Chapter 9

~ Ace AltoBelli ~

I rested against the door frame, my ankles crossed, and arms folded as she stood in front of the mirror, zipping up her dress at the side. The silk black fabric fitted every curve of her. And even though she didn't have a bump yet, all I could see was her carrying our baby.

"What?" She asked, flipping her hair over her shoulder. I chuckled, shaking my head. God she's so fucking perfect.

"Nothing." I pressed my tongue to the side of my cheek trying to bite back a smile. All mine.

"We should get going soon, no?" She asked, picking up her bag and walking up to me. I pushed off the door, circling my arms round her waist.

"This was a good idea, but now that I see you in this dress, I would much prefer to stay home - naked." She laughed, hitting my arm playfully. "I'm not joking." She rolled her eyes, still laughing.

Four weeks. Four weeks and I would get to see my little guy. Halo is still trying to convince me that we don't know the gender. But I know, it's a boy.

Mini Ace.

"Let's go." She kissed me, then hurried past out the room. This night better fly in, I don't know how long I'll be able to control myself for.

***

"Welcome, Ladies and Gentlemen." The host announced. "Please give a warm welcome to Cliford and Valentina." The doors behind the stage opened and in walked Cliford and Valentina. Cliford is a long time friend and associate. Valentia and Halo seem to have a good relationship with each other, which helps business.

"You look very handsome." Halo said, sipping on a water. She side eyed me, as everyone clapped for Cliford and Valentina. They've been married for two years now. This is the point of the party, celebrating their marriage. 

I can't wait to have this with Halo. Shit I can't wait just to look at her again. I turned my head, seeing her still smiling at the couple. "You look stunning." I replied. She blushed, the room falling silent as everyone took their seats again.

Cliford ran on with a big speech about how much he appreciated everyone coming out here and thanked Valentina for being such a loving wife. It wasn't long before everyone was drinking, eating and dancing. 

"Halo!" Valentina, ran over to our table. Halo smiled, pushing her seat out and giving her a hug. "Oh my god, I've missed you so much!" Cliford made his way over to me, shaking my hand.

"Good to see you, Ace." He said.

"Cliford." 

"I see you got her back." We both turned watching the woman talk and laugh with each other, there's something about Halo's smile that makes my heart swell. It makes me want to give her everything in the world and more.

"Took me a while." I took a sip of my whiskey. "I had some...people in the way." He scoffed, patting my shoulder.

"We do what we must, Ace. Shall we get a drink?" He asked, gesturing to the bar. I had a feeling there was more to this conversation.

We both ordered a whiskey – mines neat, his on the rocks – taking a seat and turning to face the woman. "I'm assuming you haven't gotten rid of her husband?" I ran my tongue over my teeth, contemplating my answer. 

Maybe I should get rid of Jameson on my own, but then that takes away the fun of watching Halo go ape shit on him. Sometimes, though...I wonder if Halo would hurt him. Or if at the last minute she would cave and decide that she wanted nothing more than to go back to him and love him and have his kids.