part 12

Business is booming.  The bloodmancer gang has what most gangs wish they had. They have territory and secured rackets. 

But no gang survives without having trusted officers. The type that won't betray them for any reason.  Y/n needs plenty of that type. 

And he will have an opportunity to gain one. 

Cheetah paces back and forth.  Y/n notices this and grown concerned.

Y/n: Cheetah. Are you okay?

Cheetah: To be honest, no.

Y/n: What's bothering you?

Cheetah: We're attracting attention. And that Amazonian Wonder Woman, she knows I'm here. 

Y/n: I already beat her once.

Cheetah: You never truly beat them, unless their dead. 

Y/n: What do you suggest.

Cheetah: Killing Wonder Woman will have consequences.  The wrath of the Amazonians will come for us. We must prepare. 

Y/n: How do we do that?

Cheetah: I can handle that. But I need a favor.

Y/n: What?

Cheetah: *sigh* I need to find my father.

Y/n: Pardon?

Cheetah: It's been a long time.  He's always been a pain in my ass. But he's my father. I just want to make sure he's okay. 

Y/n: And why do you need me?

Cheetah: Because I can't find him. 

Y/n: I'll see what I can do.

Y/n walked away. He knew of only one person that'd help him. 

An old friend from his school days.  He's known to keep tabs on everyone and can find anybody. 

He is known as the bodyfinder. 

Y/n invites him to the iceberg lounge. The bodyfinder walks in and takes a seat at the private table with Y/n.

Y/n: Bill.

Bill: You know the rules.

Y/n: Nobody can hear us. I've made sure of that.

Bill: *sarcastic* Nice place you got.  Even nicer since you purchased it for cheap.

Y/n: Especially since I wasn't afraid to clean the mess.

Bill: So, you mentioned you wanted me to find someone.

Y/n: Yes. The father of Barbara Ann Cavendish. 

Bill: I can do that. For the right price of course. 

Y/n: You'll get it.

Bill: You're a big man now. You don't get the discount anymore. Full price. 

Y/n: Fine.  

Bill: Why are you doing this, really?

Y/n: I don't follow.

Bill: You've only ask me to find somebody once before.  I'm curious why you are suddenly asking.

Y/n: You know how it is. Keeping people in line.

Bill: There's keeping people in line, then there is going overboard for it.  

Y/n: Any price is worth keeping loyal people in my pocket.

Bill: If that is what let's you sleep at night.

It took days for Bill to get back to Y/n with the location.   He was located in Metropolis.

Y/n and Cheetah head to the address provided by Bill.

Y/n and Cheetah look at the house that her father has purchased for himself from atop a rooftop.

Y/n: There it is. 

Cheetah: It's a nice place. He never gave me support for my ambitions. But yet...I care about him still.

Y/n: Family does that.

Cheetah: *sigh* If only I would have picked a different profession. Archeology isn't what my father wanted for me. We had so many arguments about it.  

Y/n stayed silent.

Cheetah: Some parts of me want to go and talk to him. But I've changed. I'm not the same person that left for college, I'm a cold blooded killer.

Y/n: Maybe so. But you'll never know unless you try.

Cheetah: I might give it an attempt. But right now I have too many enemies.  Putting my own father in danger, I can't.

Y/n: I can't force you to do anything that you don't want to. But you really should talk to him at some point.  In this world, we don't know when we won't be allowed to say goodbye.

Cheetah looked at the house. She began to walk away. Y/n followed.

Choice time.

With Cheetah at full trust. Time for the first potential romance choice. Pretty simplistic.

Option A: Yes

Option B no