Chapter 12: Mistakes here and there

Jahniqui's POV

By the time a cab actually arrived my face was fully drenched in tears and devoid of emotion. Drained and dehydrated was the only feeling I owned. Degradation has been bestowed upon me by the people I claim to hold so dear to my heart. It's like am en route to massive destruction.

My friend, brother, boss and clients. Psst....I wonder who next is in the making for another one of my rash and absurd decisions. How could one simple mistake result in all this? Everyone loathes me to scorn. Now is the time to really get my screwed priorities ironed out.

What am I doing with my career and peoples feelings? Tomorrow I need to get back and call a meeting with my clients. Can you imagine their level of disgust? Must be piling as we speak.

The taxi ride home came to an end raking me back from my train station of thoughts. Handing the driver a few dollar bills I got out and all but ran inside the house. Riding myself of the fabric I had on I took a cold shower to calm the turmoil of pain coursing through my body.

Now laying in bed in my minimouse pj's staring blankly at the ceiling fan, I recalled the moment I had with my boss. My mind kept replaying the scene, I felt a difference when we shook hands and it's not like we hadn't done it before. There was just a unexpected series of shock that caused me to tremble in delight. My body was one traitorous thing. The guy was damn well sexy but that was.....ugh. His muscles rippled through that freshly tailored dark blue suit he was wearing.

Back the hell up a second am I having impure thoughts about my boss? Not good Niqui I said to myself. Then again my brother talking some bull about him liking me and all was not helping either.

At the age of 23 I was still a virgin, never did pay much attention to men until tonight when that thing happened. I plan to married in the future yes, but to the man I love and who loves me equally.

You can't have a husband if you don't have a boyfriend first hippy, the inner me sneered. Well I need to get one then I thought. As if it was second nature my mind drifted back to the encounter with my boss.

A few minutes later I wondered off to blissful sleep.

D'Andre's POV

It was like a burden slowly went on it's merry way when I saw her enter the stage. The lifelessness in me was freshly renewed. She was looking quite..... I can't even find the right words to hell. That dress exposed way too much for my liking. Something tugged at me when I realize she and the guy had the same last name. Could they be.....? I hope not. No, I reassured myself, she is unattached.

It was only when I say her friend talking to her that I garnered the courage to say hello. I recalled my exact words.

"Ms.Valentine you look absolutely astounding tonight....am at a lost for words." I said sticking out his hand for a shake. In the meantime trying to control my manhood.

"I aim to please, sir." Was her response. Even though she didn't look at all pleased to see me. Our hands met and I felt this undeniable surge of electricity. That my friend, I have never felt before in my 25 years on earth. Not even with my other "dates". This must be immune because am certain she experienced it too. She gave me this weird look for a split second then released my hand. Excusing myself I left both ladies to continue their conversation.

For the rest of the night I snooped around asking questions about the guy she came with. A private investigator had nothing on me, snooping around like a caged bird denied of worms. All in all I found out from the guy himself that he was her brother. Just sit back and visualize my relief. The brother gave me the death glare of the century. Protective much. He must have sensed something off me to behave that way I don't know what exactly. I have no intention of hurting her.

The conversation between her and Ms. O'Sullivan was quite heated. They were having a small fight not loud to create a scene but the inquisitive me had to see. When Jahniqui walked away with her head down I knew something was wrong but she kept her cool. No doubt she was in the blame.

Walking over to where I was standing engaged in a chat with grandmother and few other men, she asked for her brother to be excused. God I sound like a damn stalker but what can I say...... I like her enough to watch every move she makes. Especially in that dress drawing me in with each step she took.

It's like I am more interesting in her well being that mine. Hitting the gym every morning before work and eating healthy did keep me in great shape. Talk about fitness. Been a while since I visit home, can't stand my parents constant pining for me to settle down.

Am still young for christ's sake!

Always complaining that am too engrossed in my work to give them grand babies. Gosh! It works on my nerves most of the time. The last time I went home was for my sister's wedding a year ago. They were all over me wondering if get out long enough to eat. Even my best friend Dedri worries about me. I love them but man they get to me.

So caught up in my thoughts I almost miss the dash that Jahniqui made for the door. Another get away I guess.

********
Enjoy guys hope you love it.

Remember to vote, share and comment........