Chapter Two: Rude Much

Jahniqui's POV

There are days when you wake up and really don't feel the need to move but does so nonetheless. Today was one of those days.

I was so out of it this morning, to the point where I didn't even notice that my best friend Leanna O'Sullivan had been standing in my room. I could just tell she was scrutinizing me with her hazel eyes. She does that from time to time and to be honest it was kind of creepy. But I appreciated her much like a sister.

Even though I knew not the valid reason why I gravitated towards her, my guess is that she was a constant reminder of what a little sister should be. My little sister and I aren't the best of friend so I think you can understand why. Leanna was a breath of fresh air. Something I wish I had while growing up. Always seeing the good in everyone and accept others just the way they are were some of the qualities she endowed; along with her heart-stopping beauty, me, not so much.

As the taxi cab Leanna and I took pulled up outside of the Johnson's law building, I gave the driver a few dollars and stepped out into the busy street. Before I had the chance to blink, I was being hauled to the glass door entrance of the building. Leading to the lobby, the floor I had a grave distaste for. It was the most hectic level, filled with workers and from every department moving about minding their own business.

Leanna looked at me with  scrunched up eyebrows. I scowled at her immediately. " Not a word! I don't wanna hear it. You know I can't stand this place," I said. She knew I despised this floor yet she did the same thing every damn morning.
Nodding while smiling cheekily at my outburst, she left for her office which was in the paralegal department on the 6th floor.

Taking that as my cue, I power walked to the elevator thanking God it was empty. I got in and pressed the button to the 15th floor. The cozy atmosphere was a welcome change from that of the robust lobby.

While there I tapped my black heels lightly against the carpeted interior. I waited for it to reach my floor where I worked as an associate lawyer on the verge of making partner. The sound of the elevator doors opening brought me back from my thoughts. Holding my head high, I stepped out and gracefully made my way to the office.

"Good morning Ms. Valentine," the receptionist greeted me from her small desk. "How are you today?" She added softly.

"Good morning Bridgette. I'm fine.....U?" I returned with a smile. "Am fine," she replied.

Glimpses of my boss storming out of his office caught my eye before I could make it to my desk. A disturbed look flashed across his face. I opened my mouth to say something but he beat me to it. "Valentine, you're late. Conference room 2b, now!" He barked startling me a bit.

"Well shit. Rude much. Good morning to you too! Did a gum accidentally stick your dick to your balls last night?" The voice of my filthy subconscious chimed in almost instantly. I threw my purse on my office seat and follow suit. Hanging my head out of shame.

The man was one sexy hunk but why does he have to behave so arrogant. His handsome face never fail to make my heart skip a beat or two. That's what I love about this congenial ass.

------------------------------------
Here is another update for my lovely readers. Hope you enjoy it. Remember to vote, share and leave me your comments.

Until next time!