Chapter 64 - Disagreement

Začať od začiatku

Giovanni frowned and stared at Goh, sensing the strength coming from him. "Goh's right!" Ash chimed in. "You can't just go around stealing Pokemon because you feel like it! It's not right!" He exclaimed. Serena, who had walked over to Ash and Goh, suddenly began yelling.

"And just because you can move us out of the way doesn't mean that you'll win against us!" She yelled. Ash and Goh were quite surprised by her courage and lack of safety, but ultimately agreed and continued staring down Giovanni. "No matter what, we'll fight against you!" She said, reaching for a Pokeball to send out Braixen.

"Enough!!!" Giovanni roared, causing everyone to stop any action they were doing and stare at him. He turned to Mewtwo and said, "Down," quietly. Mewtwo nodded and began floating down slowly to the ground. "Pika..." Pikachu said cautiously, his sparks beginning to come from his cheek sacs.

"Call off your rat, or I'll do it for you," Giovanni said threateningly. "How do I know you won't just attack us?" Ash asked, trying to call Giovanni's bluff. "You can't," Giovanni responded blatantly. "But I'm confident that you'll want to hear my explanation for my attempt at trying to capture that core," he explained.

Ash gritted his teeth and reluctantly whispered, "Just hold on, buddy," to Pikachu. "Pika..." Pikachu responded disappointedly, stopping the sparks that were coming from his cheek. "Good," Giovanni stated, hopping off of Mewtwo and returning it to his Pokeball. "See? I called off my Pokemon, too," Giovanni said as he put his hands up innocently.

Everyone but Ash was mildly shocked that he put up his defenses. Knowing Giovanni and his mannerisms, Ash expected Giovanni to play fair in this situation. He has respect, he thought to himself. Even if he is incredibly evil.

"Now that we're all civilized, why don't we have a civil chat?" Giovanni suggested cordially. Ash looked at Goh and Serena, who both slowly nodded in agreement. "I'm glad you could agree, pests," Giovanni responded, annoying everyone with his derogatory remarks. He walked over and stood mere inches from Ash, his eyes piercing into him.

"Do you know how powerful that core is?" Giovanni asked Ash, who clenched up upon his speaking. "Powerful enough for you to want it," Ash responded coldly, causing Giovanni to chuckle to himself slightly.

"It has enough power to help solve many of the world's issues," Giovanni began, staring at the core which was still far away from landing. "It could provide enough power to last us for thousands of years," he said, turning to Ash. "Do you understand how useful this could be?" He asked genuinely.

Ash let his guard down momentarily, surprised by Giovanni's motives. "You just want to provide power?" Goh spoke up, seemingly letting his guard down, too. Giovanni nodded in response, seeming honest in his actions. "Then why be so ruthless and aggressive in trying to obtain it?" Serena asked.

Giovanni stared at Serena before smirking to himself. "This makes sense now, Ash," he said mysteriously. "What makes sense?" Ash asked out of annoyance. "Answer her question for Arceus's sake!" Giovanni's lack of information had caused Ash to run out of patience and was one second away from Thunderbolting him.

"Just a question that had come to my mind," Giovanni answered Ash, before turning to Serena again. "And your question? Well, it's not like it matters who gets destroyed in my attempts at getting the core," he said to Serena, who looked at him in confusion. "Why? Why does it not matter?" Serena asked out of confusion.

"Think for a moment," Giovanni responded. "If something has enough power to provide so much energy, then where would that energy go?" Everyone thought for a moment before Clemont spoke up. "It has to go somewhere, but that's enough energy to cause serious catastrophes across all regions," he responded.