-Gentlemen, we do not stop 'till nightfall.

-What about breakfast?

-We've already had it.

-We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?- Strider stalks away into the bushes and Arya watched as he climbs a tree.

From over the bushes, Strider tosses an apple and Merry catches it. He hands it to Pippin and pats him on the shoulder. Another apple flies through the air, hitting Pippin in the head.
He offers one to Arya as well and she takes it with a thanks.

The party slowly make their way through increasingly rough country. It becomes darker and the forest gives way to flat marshland. All go up to their knees in the sludgy mire. The conditions are made worse by an army of midges which attack them unmercifully. Merry slaps despairingly at the cloud of pests hovering around him.

They make camp for the night in the caves. Strider manages to kill a deer which he brings back for their rations and Arya had gone to search for berries.
The Moon rises as the hobbits fall asleep. Strider keeps watch by the fire. He hums a tune softly.

-Tinúviel elvanui,
Elleth alfirin ethelhael
O hon ring finnil fuinui
A renc gelebrin thiliol."

(Tinúviel the elven-fair,
Immortal maiden elven-wise,
About him cast her night-dark hair,
And arms like silver glimmering.)

-What language is that?- Arya asks, curious.

-It is Sindarin, language of the elves- Aragorn says. He sees her frown, her nose scrunching up a bit like a bunny's.

-What a weird thing?- she mutters more to herself that to the others.

Frodo wakes up after hearing Aragorn's song. He lifts himself up and stares at the Ranger.

-Who is she? This woman you sing of?

-Tis the Lay of Lúthien. The Elf-maiden who gave her love to Beren, a mortal- Aragorn's demeanour turns sad.

-What happened to her?

-She died- he sighs. His face bears a hint of tears that he hides when he turns back to Frodo -Get some sleep, Frodo.

••••••••••

Strider, Arya and the Hobbits have left the marshland behind and are now crossing rough rocky country. Arya helps Sam carry his pack as Strider stops and looks at the ruins atop a tall hill.

-This was the great watchtower of Amon Sûl. We shall rest here tonight- the ranger says as he takes off his travelling bag and set it on the ground.

The Hobbits, weary from the long travel, fling off their packs and settle down in an overhang near the hill's summit. Strider opens a bundle, revealing four short swords. He hands them to his companions.

He offers one to Arya but she shook her head picking her scabbard with her sword and lifting it so he could see it clearly.

-These are for you. Keep them close. I'm going to have a look around. Stay here- he turns to Arya before leaving only to see her using a rich to buff out a sword she now had on her lap. Strider cleared his throat and stalked away.

••••••••••

At night when Arya had gone to scour the surroundings for danger, Frodo wakes up with a start. Merry, Pippin and Sam are gathered around a fire.

-My tomato's burst.

-Can I have some bacon?

-Okay. Want some tomatoes Sam?

-What are you doing?!- Frodo asked panicked.

-Tomatoes, sausages, nice crispy bacon...

-We saved some for you, Mister Frodo- sam offers him a plate.

-Put it out, you fools! Put it out!- he stamps on the fire, trying to douse the flames.

The other hobbits protest when a Nazgûl's cry pierces the darkness. The hobbits jump up, startled, and look over the lip of the overhang. Arya arrives at their side just as they see five Nazgûl closing in on Amon Sûl.

The dark night surrounds them as the five of them climb to the top.

-Argent be at the ready. I might need your help- she feels him sifting from his hideout and raise his wings, ready in case she called him.

-Don't worry, I'm not too far.

-Wait until I call- Arya unsheathes her blade and stands in front of the hobbits as they do the same.

They stand in the ring of broken pillars of the old ruin, eyes darting about; shadows rise out of the dark. The Nazgûl surround them, pulling out their long swords.

-Back you devils!- Sam clashes swords with the Nazgûl, but is swiftly thrown aside. Merry and Pippin close the gap in front of Frodo, but they too are cast aside.

Arya sees Frodo falling across the hill and hears the clatter of his sword against the stone. The whispering she had heard back at the pub sounds as Frodo. Takes out the Ring and puts it on.

Arya watches as the leader of the Wraiths approaches Frodo, drawing a long dagger. But she can't o anything as she fights another two off.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••