Ten - Lost

"Wait- Rose, just slow down." Harry said firmly down the phone to his niece, rose, Ron and hermione's daughter.

Rose took a deep breath, "the..." rose took a deep pause, she decided she had to say it if she was going to move on from the tragic events that had unfolded lately, "the funeral was about twelve hours ago, and the ministry law enforcement say they can't start the search until it's been twenty four hours. It's ridiculous." She concluded, sounding more and more urgent.

"No- rose, your not making sense, who is missing" harry asked, feeling worried now. He tried not to make it sound like he was worried as he thought it might scare his niece. Trying to hide his worry wasn't really working.

"It's- it's mum, she's lost and i don't know what to do, I've got Hugo, and he's crying and won't shut up, and I've got no dad" Rose sobbed, she was obviously trying to act calm. She must of inherited that trait from Hermione. "mums lost"

"What?! Why didn't you say that? I'm coming over, just wait a couple of minutes, he placed the phone back down to end the call. Harry sighed as he tried to compose himself and to stop his pale hands from trembling, "can you come down here?" Harry shouted up to James, Albus and little Lily. He heard footsteps stamp down the spiral wooden staircase.

"Yep?" James asked harry, wondering why he had been summoned.

"I need you to look after lily and albus, you understand?" harry instructed, placing both of his hands on James' shoulders, he squeezed his shoulders encouragingly.

"Why? Where are you going?" James replied, suspicious, and acting inconsiderately, harry was in a rush.

"I'm just going round aunt hermione's, that's all." Harry nodded, smiling at James and looking over at Albus and then at Lily.

"Whatever" James said, sounding very cocky, but this tone of voice he adopted ages ago.

James sometimes infuriated harry, by the way he talked,answered questions, even his posture and his stupid smirk made harry angry. "What is it now" harry shouted at James, James withdrew slightly, surprised at his father's sudden reaction, but James soon recovered and carried on arguing.

"Oh,I don't know," the cocky boy started, with a false tone of question in his voice, "where should I start? My mum can't remember me, my uncle has been murdered, I've been expelled from school and just to top it all of, my dad can't even die at the correct time" James shouted, "does that justify me getting a little bit annoyed?"

Harry was fuming, but behind the intense anger, harry felt very hurt by what he had just heard his own son say. "You being expelled was your fault, in fact, your luckily you weren't arrested- in the dark days, you certainly would of been, you would be showing signs for being a death eater" harry yelled, . he closed his green orbs of eyes and felt the tears swelling up inside, longing to escape and to express his emotions he had been bottling up for as long as he could remember.

" 'ooh i remember in the dark days' " James mockingly said, trying to imitate his father, only exaggerating his voice to make it sound boring and silly, "how about you start living in today- the present? anyway, you completely avoided the statement, why couldn't you just die at the correct moment? oh yeah, i forgot, you cant even pay enough attention to your own children!" James said, throwing his arms up in extreme frustration.

What James had just said to harry hurt him. harry flashed back to the night when he saw his defence against the dark arts teacher die. when harry had to go to Dumbledore's office and recall Severus Snape's memories. it all came flooding back to harry, just like his ordeal was yesterday. 'You've been raising him like a pig getting ready for slaughter, for him to die at the correct moment' harry heard Severus Snape say inside his head.