twenty - the truth

"Scot?!" I said, the fact that this mystery man who ruined my life was indeed my PA. I think I was shocked not only because he was PA but also because he was so nice, I mean, if he was one of those bad PAs or a arrogant person or soemthing, it would of still been surprising but not as shocking.

"Yep, the one and only Scot" he walked over to the ally way wall and leaned against it, one foot on the wall, he looked so casual, like he did this kind of thing all of the time, just go and reveal he was a criminal master mind under cover for months in the she haven of the Ministry, "And now, to avenge my leader, it is time" he paused, Scot had obviously played this out in his mind so many times, he knew exactly what to say, he even knew where to put the pauses to make it more intimidating for me.

But just killing me wasn't good enough, I wanted answers, and I wanted them that minute. "Tell me the truth" I said, my voice steadier Than expected.

He rolled his eyes, clearly impatient, "If we must" he sighed, "I am a death eater" he said, taunting me and talking to me like a three year old., I gave him a glare and that seemed to of done the trick, "when I found out that you and your little chums had killed my master, I was furious, and not only was I furious, I was on the run from anyone who wanted me. Everyone did. Months passed, I didn't know how I survived, but I knew what kept me alive," he grinned, all of his sparkling white teeth baring, "the information the dark lord had given me."

My stomach dropped, my heart missed a beat.

"What information?" I groaked, my steady voice betraying me.

His face contorted into another deathly, stomach churning grin, " you, my friend, cannot die" my mouth went dry and everything slowed down. I had my suspicions, the first auror accident should of been fatal, but it wasnt, but to hear someone say and confirm my thoughts wasn't what I wanted.

I stared at him, waiting for an explaination, "Only we managed to work it all out, the prophecy, it was the key to everything. It had a hidden meanings, harry" Scots eyes glistened with grotesque excitement, "only the dark lord could kill you, nothing and no one else could kill you, aprt from yourself, only y and te dark lord could do the deed, your choice, if you had known the information, was yiu to lose pride and people to think you coudnt handel your job and kill yourself, or the dark lord had to kill you, so, to this day, you can't die, and it's all your fault, you can't die because you killed the dark lord, if he had killed you, he wouldn't of been able to die, because only you could kill you him" Scot cleared his thoat.

"So why are you trying to kill me?" I asked, still not understanding what the point was to Scots sick actions.

"I'm not" he paused, laughing like a mad man, maybe he was mad, "I've got worse plans" that answer could of gone better.

I moved my hand over my wand, still talking so he couldn't see me make my move towards my last resort. "Dont you ever feel guilty? Or are you one of those people who just had something bad happen to them when they were younger? Or maybe your just naturally bad, it takes skill to be naturally bad" I joked, trying to sound like I was just winding him up, rather than trying to keep him talking so he wouldn't torture me just for the kick he would get out of it.

He took about three long strides to meet me, it wasnt what I expected so I got out my wand, he did the same, and we had that split second pause where we are both wondering what spell we can do.

I chose the knock back jinx, Auror training always said to make as much distance between you and your enemy as you could, I chose to follow the training.

He layed there for about a second or two, then his head raised, his eyes gleaming with anger, not the kind you feel towards a younger sibling when they annoy you or when a teacher tells you off, the kind of pure consecrated anger, the one only some people can truly feel.

He got up, shouting the knock back jinx before I could retaliate. I landed on the cold hard concrete floor, slightly winded, I whent to get back up, only to be pinned down by Scot, his knees pressing down on my wand hand, my right one.

"Oh how I will enjoy this." He grinned as he got up, quickly kicking my wand to the side to far out of my reach to retrieve it.

My heart pounded, not out of fear, out of frustration, again he got the upper hand on me, again I want alert.

He made eye contact with me, his thin lips flickering into a smirk. "Have fun" he said sweetly. I knew what was coming.

"Crusio" he hissed, his eyes narrowing and his voice a growly noise.

My body went into hybernation, only my senses conscious, I couldn't feel my body moving but I could definatly feel the pain, the unbearable pain. Every time I tried to move, it was like there was a huge magnet under ground, resisting my movements.

I knew how to resist the pain that cruciatus curse could inflict, I had read about millions of times, I just needed to put it into practice.

Ignore the pain.

I wanted to cry out, thrash around. I wanted to just die but I couldnt. I knew that doing that wouldnt be ignoring the ever increasing pain, searing through my helpless body.

Ignore the pain.

I cleared my mind, thinking of nothing. Nothingly nothingness. Just as quick as the pain came, it stopped, though I knew I couldnt show this to Scot or he would simply wave his wand again and out me under his mercy once more.

I imitated the way my body moved when I was under the curse, if I did it well enough, he wouldn't know, he would turn his back then I could act. I could get my wand and kill him. Or would I be able to bring myself to kill another man, sending him to a life sentence in Azkaban would be far more pleasurable.

I opened my eyes a fraction of a millimeter, just enough to see through my eyelashes to peer at him.

Luck was on my side. He was looking the other way.

3. 2. 1. I counted slowly in my head, prepping myself for my last chance. One chance. That was all I had.

I rolled on my side, using my weak rms to push me up, I dived forward for the wand, instantly I felt safer, I felt hope. I fired the body binding jinx, one fully his downfall. My doing would be his one way ticket to Azkaban.

I fell to the floor, unable to move, now he was under my mercy. I strolled up to him,scuffing my shoes on the floor, kicking dirt in his face. I bent down, my face inches from his, I looked into his eyes.

I could of had something serious to say, something angry or even somthing upset, but no, I was simply going to mock him, to rub my victory in his face.

"Have fun" I said, smiling. I sent the ministry spell into the dark sky, the blue sparks illuminating the navy blue air. With in seconds, six ministry officials were in the ally.

It took awhile for the information that I had caught the master mind single handedly. Then another few seconds for the reveal of who was.

A man wearing a blue suit and black shoes turned to me, "never a disappointment harry"

They congratulated me and I had to fill in a few forms to admit him to Azkaban before his trial then they said thanks again and grabbed Scot by the arm and apparated away.

I started to walk away, thinking about what Scot had said, only me or lord Voldemort could kill me. Seeing as I had killed Voldemort years ago, there was only one choice.

(Please vote and comment <3)