Twenty-Five: Wes

Let me tell you: I was in literal pain leaving Mia in her hotel room alone that night, but it had to be done. There was too many drinks between the two of us and besides, I wanted her mine again, officially, before we crossed that line. Or at least, my brain and or heart wanted that. My dick wasn't happy with the solo hand job in the shower I took once I got home, but... for once in my life, my dick was not the one in control. It never had been with Mia. Everything about us, every decision I made, I'd never made with anything but my heart, because this girl owned it, and the more I thought about it, the more I knew she had from the second she clacked into my uncle's office in those hot pink heels. And today? Today was the day I proved that.

I arrived at her door at nine o'clock the next morning, despite the fact we were out until at least two. The only reason I got any sleep at all was the booze, and even that couldn't drown out the nerves I felt. She opened the door after a few seconds and nearly knocked the air out of my lungs. She was all sun kissed skin wrapped in a short, tight pale yellow t-shirt dress. She wore no more makeup than a flick of eyeliner and some lip gloss and yet somehow, just as she always was, she was the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen.

"Hi," I said with a shy smile. Yup. Six months and the girl still made me as shy as a schoolboy.

"Hi," she smiled back. "This better be good. My body does NOT want to be awake right now."

I chuckled as I reached out and wove our fingers together, pulling her petite frame toward me. "I promise I'll make it worth your while," I whispered, my face buried in the dark hair on her head. She let out a sigh and wrapped her arms around my waist.

"We could just stay like this all day," she stated softly, her voice muffled by my chest.

I laughed as I held her tightly. "Tempting, but I've got better plans."

"Yeah?" she asked, tipping her head up so she could look into my eyes. "Let's go then."

"First things first, pushy girl," I teased before ducking my head to capture her lips with mine. I held them there for a bit before my desires outweighed my self control. I felt her whimper a bit as my tongue swept into her mouth, her hands tightening to fists and clutching my black dress shirt at the small of my back. My hand braced the side of her jaw as I kissed her with everything I had. I kissed her like I was pouring into her everything I had to say, all the things I should've said the second I got to Miami. Eventually I pulled back, just gazing into those chocolate eyes.

"You can't do that," Mia stated softly.

I grinned. "Can't do what?" I asked, tucking her dark locks behind her ears.

"You can't kiss a girl like that and expect her to go somewhere. You just turned me into jelly."

I laughed. "Well, I guess I'll just have to carry you then."

"I think that'll make our problem worse." Mia placed a kiss on the underside of my jaw and then laced our fingers back together. "Come on, hot shot. Time to show me what required getting out of bed at the crack of dawn."

"It's nine thirty!" I chuckled as she drug me toward the elevator.

"Yeah, well, all the tequila last night says it's like six."

"Whose idea was shots?"

"Um, Jazz if I recall correctly. At least the first few."

"Yeah, then it was you."

"Shut it. I'm on vacation."

"Yes ma'am." I just followed her onto the elevator, the biggest shit-eating grin on my face. She was about to see moves the likes of which she'd never seen before. Hell, the likes of which I had never pulled before. This girl? This fiesty, sweet, hard-working little ball of fire? She was worth it all.