I watched as it was heavily dragged open, I put down the jug and moved backwards on the bed, picking up the pillow to hug.

Just as I had expected, Danny entered my room. His arms crossed and a distracted look on his face. I shrunk into myself and hugged the pillow tighter. He's always intimidating.

I pressed my chin and knees against the pillow, watching him carefully. The position oddly calming, as if I'm back at the top of my cat tree, peeking over it to see who's coming past.

The memory and feeling smashed away, like an unsuspecting fly, as he walked over. I watched him, he'd gotten changed into some green silk looking pajamas.

"Good to see you're eating. Hey Maya, do you have anything to ask before I go back to my bed. While you do look cute like that, being in a wet gown cannot be comfortable" he rambled, quickly getting distracted by the fact I hadn't changed myself yet.

I know what he wants me to ask. I guess I have to. "Can I go toilet?" I mumbled, he smiled now, far happier with me.

"See, that's a good cat. Go toilet, I'll wait" he praised, I frowned and moved the pillow to the bed and stood up. Awkwardly shuffling past him, I moved to the toilet and locked the door behind me.

A good cat? Atleast being a good cat means he won't yell and scold me, like I should know all the rules. Asking to go toilet when not in a lesson or having dinner is so strange.

I spent far to long enjoying the lonely, safe, peaceful silence of the room, even once I finished my business. I sat, enjoying the fact he's locked out and can't be annoyed with me.

I paused as there was a knock on the door, I sighed and stood, quietly watching the door.

"Maya, you done yet Kitty? I will send a maid in if you're not out soon" he said through the door. How will a maid get in? Is there a spare key, oh I'm an idiot, of course there's a spare key.

"Just washing my hands" I sighed, flushing the toilet and letting cold water clean my hands. feeling even smaller, I opened the bathroom door. Across the hall stood Danny, in the doorway of my room, his arms crossed and fingers tapping impatiently.

"Good, hurry on Kitten, we need to be bright and early for the long study session planned" explained Danny. I lowered my head and let him usher me into the room. Thank goodness, he's not sleeping with me tonight.

I listened carefully as the door shut heavily and then was locked. With a deep sigh, I moved to my water and drank it eagerly.

The bed seemed so much more comfortable without his intimidating, suffocating and unwanted presence.

A yawn tore its way through me and I wrapped myself under the blankets, resting my head on the pillow. As nice as the thought of sleeping as my kitten is, I can't let old ways put me in danger of Danny thinking I'm hiding. Nor do I want anyone random to catch me in my most vulnerable.

"Maya!" Exclaimed a loud voice, a hand shaking my shoulder. I yawned and stretched out, blinking my eyes and squinted at the blue eyes above me.

"Come on. You have to finish your breakfast. I should have woken you earlier, but you're just to cute asleep" commented the person. I shook off the bleariness of sleep and registered Danny.

Wait, how long has he been in here?

I sat up and watched him skeptically. He placed a plate in my lap along with a fork.

"You didn't change Kitten, I'll have to start changing you myself if you keep this up" he chuckled, despite the joking tone, I still shuddered at the thought.