Busy

(note, she was raised by her father who despite not telling her about her fate, he did instill into her that being obedient is good, which has actually made it apart of her personality. Funnily enough because he taught her to be obedient to firm but trusted people, she is less likely to obey people she fears, just a fun fact I thought I'd share)

I don't know how many hours or minutes it's been, but he still has a strong hold on me. His breathing now soft and peaceful, not that I can relate, I don't think my nervous bursts of breaths have stopped.

I gasped as he pulled me in tighter, growling low and scarily into my ear. He's dreaming right? He must be, he couldn't have woken up that quick.

His body curled around me as he holds me far to close, I can feel his steady heartbeat through my back. I can't help but try and struggle now, wriggling my body and trying to pull his arms off.

His body loosened as he relaxed once more, I guess it was just a reaction to a dream or something. I managed to push his hands off of me and crawled away to the end of the bed. I curled up, keeping away from him.

Even if I can't run, I need to start defending myself. I don't want to die, maybe Danny will understand and let me say no if I'm really good.

My dad always said obedience is a key attribute to prey. That my obedient attitude was surely going to help me in my life, and I guess he's right.

I like doing what people want me to do, but these royals are confusing. They're dangerous and mean. All I wanted was to stay at home. Doing as I'm told, making jokes with servants and doing my lessons.

I sighed sadly and closed my eyes. I need to speak more, maybe he'll listen. I may have no reason to trust or believe him, but I still have hope.

He might let me go home.

Home....

Something is rubbing my chin, the feeling delightful and soft. I murmured and pressed into the touch.

"You're so cute Kitty" came Danny's voice, tearing into my comfortable haze. I opened my eyes and stared up at him, horrified.

He yawned into his hand and placed a plate beside me. I squinted at the cooked eggs on bread and slowly pulled myself up. I used my hands to hold myself up as I couldn't be bothered pulling in my legs to properly sit.

He met my confused gaze and smiled, some food in his teeth as he now held a second plate. He must have grabbed that very quickly. I didn't return the smile, choosing to pull my legs into a cross legged position and picked up a piece of bread, the egg cooked perfectly atop it.

I took a bite of the tasty combination and nearly choked as a sudden knock on the door startled me. I put the bread down and carefully chewed, giving the door a resentful look.

"What is it?" Called Danny, I could see a faint outline of someone's head through the barred window on the door. The door creaked as if the person had touched it, but didn't open.

"I have come to deliver a message from the king, he has an urgent matter to attend at the main castle. He will be back tomorrow. Your study session and anything else of less importance is to be pushed to tomorrow as he has requested for you to do your duties" came the response, the person didn't have any emotion to their words.

I watched the silhouette move slightly, possibly shuffling their legs at the awkward silence.

No study session, that's a good thing!

I looked down at my plate, relieved slightly to not have to go to another one. Well until tomorrow that is, but apparently it's the last one, so I should be glad for that, maybe if I ask Dan-