Chapter 7. My happiness.

Start from the beginning

I couldn't talk as I was so hungry and enjoying the delicious food we were eating. And yes, merong tuyo.

"Aguyyy! Saraaap! Thank you for the foods!" Nakangiti kong sambit habang hinihimas ang tiyan ko sa kabusugan.

"Anyway, do you have something to say?" I asked while staring at him.

"I like you."

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"What's the reason for liking me?"

"Do I need a reason for liking you?"

"Do I have to say,.. because you are pretty and kind, like what boys do?"

I looked at him amazed and spoke, "You are right, I'm just curious.."

"You know, our age gap isn't a joke" I added.

"My feelings aren't a joke. And.. it's just numbers.. " He answered. He appears to be serious, so I don't think it's appropriate to crack jokes. But as I secretly glance at him in my peripheral vision, he seems to be nervous. He can't keep his fingers in one place, which is obvious.

"I like you too, Duke. But I can't."

"What do you mean??"

"I don't want your fans to think that I gave you a yes just because you are Duke from YESTERDAY, a well-known idol and a successful, handsome man. I want your fans and the public to know that I am seeing you because you are the Duke Park I know, not because you are the Duke Park from YESTERDAY."

"We can let them know that, can't we?" He asked as his eyes showed how much afraid he was.

"It takes time.."

"I'll wait." Mabilis niya sinagot sa'kin. Napatingin ako ulit sakan'ya. His eyes.. it was different from earlier.. he looks like he's eager to do everything.

"I told you I've always suffered from self-doubt. I'm also scared to express my feelings in words. But you assured me that I could. that I shouldn't let my mind completely consume me. I don't fear rejection anymore, and I'm willing to wait. Elena, you are the reason I'm happy. I'm aware that everything happened far too fast. But I can prove you with my commitment and sincerity."

"Mahal kita, Elena." He said. He hugged me tightly. "I was somewhat stunned by what he said fluently. I have no idea why, but it sounds expensive. After giving me a tight hug, he muttered, "I'm not afraid of what people may think; I'm more afraid of losing someone like you.."

He tightened his grip on me even more. "I love you too," I hugged him back and rubbed his back. "Please don't betray me and don't get tired of waiting for me."

He hugged me so closely that it felt like I could hold onto his soul. "Mahal din kita." I whispered. "Don't get tired of waiting for me, please. And if you ever don't me anymore, just tell me. Please don't deceive me." I added.

"I won't. I never swear, but I swear.. I knew you were the one." He replied.

Hulyo 15, 2021. Today is my 18th birthday. I'm on my legal age.

Duke has been back in South Korea for more than a year. Christmas and New Year's have already passed, along with a lot of concerts and events. Time passes by quickly.

"Elena! Dalian mo na! Suotin mo na yung gown para makapagpictorial ka na!" Sigaw ni mama sa'kin habang tulala na naman ako sa salamin matapos akong ma-make up-an.

The color of my gown is red because it is my favorite color. The venue, meanwhile, was a combination of red and black. Black because Duke loved the color black.