"Yeah, still here. I have to go now."

"Okay. Love you Angie."

"Love you Rosie."

They both hung up.

Mason approached her then. He said nothing. He only took her hand and led her to the two empty chairs abreast Evie's bed where she slept away. He placed both their hands on his knee and practically forced her head on his shoulder. She resisted at first but Mason didn't allow her to pull away.

Now, two days later Evie still hadn't opened an eye. She knew this because she hadn't slept, much to Mason's displeasure. He had been in the room as much as she had been, taking care of both of them.

She hadn't been completely stupid. She got up to only eat, shower, and relieve herself. Other than that, she was by Evie's bedside, keeping constant watch.

"Okay?" Mason asked, scanning her face.

"I think there's more colour to her."

"I noticed but I was asking about you. You haven't slept."

Angelina dipped her head, "I'm good."

A long sigh left his lips. "You need to take care of yourself too. You need to sleep. Let me stay here with her."

"Mason, I need to-"

"Your eyes are ringed red Angelina. Don't fight me on this. Either way, I'm going to sit here and watch over Evie for you."

Angelina slumped in her seat, feeling her back ache with pain. He had done this over the last two days too but she had stubbornly stuck around. However, she was depleted of all energy, looming over her sister's slumbering body.

Her body desperately needed rest and Mason had been offering his aid relentlessly despite her refusal.

She was digging herself an early grave.

She needed to rest.

"I have her. Sleep." He ordered.

"Mason-"

"Sleep Angelina."

Angelina didn't go to the bed, still stubborn. She rested her head tentatively against his broad shoulder. His body melted against her, softening to accommodate her as if he was willing himself to be a pillow.

"Stubborn woman." He muttered. Something soft yet fleeting touched her cheek. She shifted a little, slightly tickled by the sensation but she fell asleep shockingly fast.

Angelina slowly came awake as voices spoke in hushed tones. She was aware of Mason whispering because she could feel the vibration of his voice against her skin.

It took her a moment to realise that he was speaking to Evie.

She didn't know why but she feigned sleep as she tuned in to their conversation. It took all of her might not to succumb to the relief coursing through her body and sob her eyes out. She held the tremors at bay, grateful that Mason was more focused on Evie to recognise the change in her breathing pattern.

"Who are you?" Evie had demanded. Her voice was scratchy but she forced strength into it.

"I'm Alpha Mason Ward of the Silver Dawn Pack. It's finally good to meet you Evie. We have been looking for you." Mason said in one of the most gentle tones she'd ever heard. It did things to her insides knowing he held back much of his usual candour with Evie, who would be scared out of her mind not knowing where she was.