𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩. 𝟐

I woke up to the sunlight shining through the curtains. I yawn and turn over to see if Soda was next to me. He wasn't.

I walk out into the kitchen while putting a shirt on and sit down. It was dead silent, only the clinking of silverware on plates broke the silence. Things have been a little awkward recently, you already know why.

"So... the weather's nice," I say, even though it's colder than average today.

Darry wipes his mouth with a napkin and throws it onto his empty plate.

"I'm leaving, c'mon Soda." Darry said, going into the other room to get his bag.

Soda rubs his eyes and fixes his collar before looking at me. We make eye contact. "I'm goin' to the movies with Johnny today." I said, trying to make a simple conversation.

"You should take a blade. Don't wanna have to come out there to save you." Soda responded, patting me on the back before heading out the door. Maybe he's warming up to me again? I know Darry ain't.

I hear the door slam shut, and the fence gate opening. I still sat at the table, blankly staring at the wall. I figured that I should go to the lot since Johnny'll probably be there and then we can go see that movie.

I put on jeans and a t-shirt. Nothin' to fancy. I didn't put any grease in my hair today- I felt lazy and Johnny told me he likes it fluffy. God, I do everything for that boy, I swear. I mean just last week he had accidentally dented one of the cars Steve was working on at the DX and I told him it was me!

I guess it ain't my fault he makes me do things I don't wanna do. Johnny's just persuasive. Or maybe he's not persuasive, I just don't know how to handle his cuteness yet. I bet he uses it to his advantage, too. I laughed when I thought of it.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets while walking down the road to the lot. I always constantly look around for soc's, it's basically a habit. Kinda sad if you think about it. I gotta be even more careful when i'm with Johnny, I cant be pulling anything stupid. Even as far as to throw my arm around his shoulders could get me jumped around here.

I sighed, walking up to the lot. I see Johnny and smile. I do a little sprint over there, and sit down next to him.

"How you doin, baby" Johnny said real quietly. I laughed at the name.

"Not too bad, fancy seeing you here isn't it?" I said, huddling closer to him as I could see he was shivering from the cold. Johnny was awful skinny, and he was cold all the time. Tulsa weather didn't help either.

He smiled. "You wanna head to the movie house? Showings are in an hour."

"Sure," I said, holding my hand out. He took it and we started walking. I got really nervous, constantly checking for soc's. I think we're safe here.

521 words.

This chapter is definitely longer than the first chapter- I tried adding just a little more detail and stuff. Hope y'all liked it! Thanks for reading.