I'll probs be home for like 2💗

If you fall asleep before I'm home I'll call you at like 6 am my time then baby. I love you I'll text u when I can💓

________________________________

I accidentally let out a sigh of disappointment. "What's the matter?" Ria immediately fell protective. "Nothing, I'm fine." I tightened my hoodie strings until the fabric closed over my face. "C'mon, just tell me so I can help." I wasn't angry at Billie at all. She's spending time with her family I could never be mad at that. Selfishly though, I want her all to myself all the time. "It's no big deal. Billie can't call til tomorrow, and I'm in work so..." Ria butted in, "so you can't talk til like two? I'm sorry babe." I loved that she understood me. Most people would tell me I'm being pathetic but Ria was more of a if it hurts you, it hurts you and no one can argue with that kind of person. She has a gift of always making you feel validated.

"Hey..." she took a breath, "I know it's a bit shitty, but she'll call you when she can, she isn't doing it to hurt you." I nodded in response. "Do you want to go get some food?" She suggested, and honestly I couldn't think of anything better than not cooking for myself tonight.

Like Tom and I, me and Ria had a favourite place to go out for food that wasn't the cafe. It was a cosy boho themed, hidden away restaurant. It wasn't overly priced, meaning you could get away with going in your comfy clothes. The food there is just insane.

Without bothering to change we both jumped in my car, listening to music and singing as we drove.

"I need to tell you something." I confessed once we were sat down. She was examining the menu, trailing her acrylic nails up and down the vegetarian section. "So a couple days ago me and Billie were on face time..." she kept her attention on the piece of paper in front of her, probably expecting me to come out with some boring bullshit. "She asked to play a game and started listing off things she loves about me..." Ria still didn't look up at me. "She said she's in love with me." With that her emerald green eyes shot up at me, her mouth opening widely in shock.

"Shit... she said she loves you? Did you say it back?" I nodded shyly, throwing my hands over my crimson red face. "Oh my god baby!" Her arms reached the air in excitement, inevitably coming back down and wrapping around my body. "Only you could get someone to fall in love with you over face time."

We decided on a veggie platter to share, it's just a variety of vegetarian foods all on one board. "So Josh finally admitted he likes me, but I also have a confession to make." Ria nervously tapped her fingers together, "something's missing, I don't know..." I kind of guessed that myself, she hadn't spoke about him much lately. "That's ok. That's completely ok." I reassured her, knowing she was feeling a shit tonne of guilt inside. "I don't get it though Reese. It happens every single time I get to this point with a boy, something just begins to feel wrong."

Ria has a lot of trust issues herself, she'd never been cheated on but I think hers stems from her parents moving away to France with her auntie and cousins. In her head, they chose to leave her. I guess my parents had no choice, but hers did and I can see why that would hurt. "You aren't doing anything wrong. You just need to tell him you aren't feeling it, precious." I grabbed her hand, hoping to comfort her. "I know, I need to break it to him. I just wish I didn't do this every time." I felt for her. She can't let anyone but me in, it must be hard. I've always been one for vulnerability, but Ria refuses to let her guard down. I guess some could say it's a blessing, others a curse.

5,160 Miles [Billie Eilish]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें