You threw the pillow off your face and to the side. Dating. Pshh. Now, there's a notion. Yeah, if anything, he wanted to fuck you, at most. Let's get real.

Man, you would've killed for a cigarette. You knew it'd be tough coming home after just 2 weeks since you quit, but this was next level.

It was nearing 4am and you just had to get some sleep. You couldn't just sleep in, this wasn't your house, you were a guest there. You were beginning to wish you could just feel like crying again, a good cry would've sent you right off to sleep.

You wondered if you could sneak out of and back in Harry's house unnoticed. How far off could a 24/7 store be from here? You weren't really familiar with the area. You went on google maps and lo and behold, just a short 6 minute walk. Was it the smartest idea you'd ever had? No. But you were desperate.

Plus the walk and fresh air would help too.

You tiptoed towards the window, because you were being unnecessarily sneaky, and concluded that you could make the jump as well as climb back in easily.

You hurriedly got dressed, you were glad you'd packed extra footwear, even if it were just a pair of trainers that were absolutely not fit for walking through the snow in, but your shoes were by the front door and you were not gonna go get them and risk waking up the entire house. Also, you layered two hoodies one atop of the other, put on a beanie and you patted yourself on the back, this was gonna act as a predator repellent as well as keep you warm during your little quest to the store.

You went by the door and glued your ear to it, trying to listen for any noises that would suggest anyone was awake. But the coast seemed to be clear.

You grabbed your phone off the nightstand and, on a second thought, tossed the panties back into the drawer as well. You'd have hated for Harry to somehow catch you sneaking out and then also notice you'd discovered the panties hidden there.

He was not gonna catch you, but still, you weren't willing to risk it. You didn't want him knowing that you knew. You had to sit on it some more, decide what you were going to do about it, but first things first. Cigarettes.

You were thankful for internet banking just then as well, and that you could pay using your phone, since your wallet was in your handbag, hanging on the coat rack at the front door as well. Clearly the universe was plotting in your favor.

Ok, queue Mission Impossible OST. Time to put to good use all those times you'd snuck out of your own childhood bedroom while in highschool for the lamest of reasons. At least this time you had a valid reason.

You very slowly opened the window, inspecting the closing mechanism. Yeah, you definitely couldn't close it shut behind you, since you wouldn't be able to get it open from the outside. Duh. But stil, would've been sweet if the Universe had plotted that one for you as well.

You grabbed one of the books you'd brought with you and tested it out, wedging it so that the window wouldn't close back entirely.

This stuff would've put Tom Cruise to shame.

You jumped over, mindful of the window and then you secured the book in place successfully. Yass. You still got it.

You hunched, planning to tiptoe around the house and down the driveway inconspicuously but then, some motion activated lights caught you red handed and you'd never felt that green mile rush hit you quite as effectively before, 'cause man, you bolted. Ran for your life. The longer you stayed in place, the longer the lights stayed on, and the bigger the chances Harry would wake up to see them and catch you.

Once you were in the clear, you looked back and was relieved to see that the lights had gone back out. And there weren't any on in the house, so it would seem that you'd managed to carry out the first half of your jailbreak sans incident. Well, you were not gonna let the motion activated lights ruin that little victory for you.