Ready and Willing

Summary: After the Mountain falls Clarke's given time to come to terms with her decisions, and a few fundamental truths about her situation. Afterwards, she goes to Lexa...

Clarke sat quietly in the middle of Lexa's tent, her fingersclutching the side of the woman's fur pelt covered bed, her foot bouncing up and down. Her eyes glanced over the small array of artefacts tucked into the corners of Lexa's tent. A large table sat in the middle of the room, in front of Lexa's throne, with a map of the region spread out across its surface small markers indicating the locations of the Twelve Clans. Next to The Commande

r's throne sat a trunk with smooth wooden sides and glistening metal hinges that contained Lexa's spare weapons and armour. A brazier stood in the middle of the tent, a small torch flickering in the breeze that slid through the tent's entrance flaps, illuminating the tent with a soft gentle light.

The blonde haired woman tipped her head back and took a deep breath in before blowing the air out of her nose. Her heart throbbed against her sternum, blood pulsing loudly inside her ears, her tongue thick and heavy in her mouth. Clarke waited for the sound of the guard outside Lexa's tent moving, his armour clanking loudly as he saluted his Commander, before sitting upright on the edge of the bed.

Lexa stepped into the tent. Her eyes drifted from the lit brazier to the folded screen that normally obscured her bed space from sight and met Clarke's bright blue gaze. "Clarke," Lexa murmured, the name sliding off her tongue as her lips twitched into a small smile. "I did not expect you tonight."

"Truthfully," Clarke began with a small smile and a shrug of her shoulders. "I did not expect to be here tonight."

"There is nothing wrong at Camp Jaha?" Lexa asked with a tilt of her head moving across the room to pour two cups of water from her and Clarke. She moved across the room in three long strides to hand the cup to Clarke.

"No." Clarke shook her head. "It's nothing like that Lexa."

"Then why are you here at this hour?" Lexa murmured her voice quiet and confused, her eyebrows drawn into a tight line. "There is not enough daylight to make it back to Camp Jaha tonight even with the surest footed horse."

"I was hoping I wouldn't have to go anywhere else but here tonight." Clarke said as she looked up into Lexa's eyes and held her gaze. "I told you before the Battle for the Mountain that I wasn't ready. I told you that I couldn't give you anything more, not yet, but that was then and this is now. I've grieved for my choices Lexa, and accepted my truths."

Lexa swallowed hard her throat suddenly dry from the weight of Clarke's words. The woman lifted her cup to her lips and sipped at the water. "That does that mean Clarke?" Lexa asked her words tentative and her eyes pleading as she looked upwards into Clarke's stormy blue gaze.

The corners of Clarke's lips curled into a small smile as she stood from Lexa's bed, placing the cup down on the floor, to take Lexa's free hand with both her hands. "It means that I'm ready now." She murmured pausing to gage Lexa's expression before standing on the tips of her toes to press her mouth against Lexa's lips.

Lexa dropped her cup of water, ignoring the clatter that sounded throughout her tent, her hands lifting to cradle the sides of Clarke's face pulling the girl into a deeper kiss. Their lips flowed together in an intimate dance of give and take, push and pull, and ebb and flow. Lexa nipped at Clarke's bottom lip with her sharp teeth, sucking hard on the soft flesh to force a moan from Clarke's lips, before swiping her tongue along the tender flesh to soothe the ache. Clarke parted her lips to nibble on the end of Lexa's tongue, suckling it gently before scraping the tips of her teeth across the sensitive flesh. Lexa tore her mouth away from Clarke's lips with a groan, her hands clutching the side of Clarke's face, her eyes hooded and heavy. "Are you sure Clarke?" Lexa murmured as she traced Clarke's mouth with the pads of her thumbs. "I can wait longer."