Storm Part 2 (Calum Hood Smut)

Start from the beginning

I unload the groceries onto the island, organizing them by where they should be put away.
"Hey." Calum greets, walking into the kitchen.
"Oh. Hi. I thought you left for drinks with Luke and Sierra."
"I am about to. Need help with that?" He asks, pointing at the produce.
"No, I am good. Have fun tonight."
"Thanks. Uh, we will talk about the album release party tonight. Do you mind if I offer to throw it this time?" He asks me and I shake my head at him.
"Not at all. I am sure you will have an amazing album release party." I comment.
"(Y/N), we will have to co-host it. We live together." He chuckles.
"Oh, well... Fine then. I still don't mind." I smile at him, opening the door to the pantry.
"Great. Good luck with your project tonight. We will talk about the party tomorrow. He cheers, walking towards the front door. 

Hosting a party with Calum at this time is certainly not on my list of preferred activities, but it is fair for him to want to open his house for guests. After all, it is his house, I am just paying rent. Maybe having a specific goal for the next couple of weeks will help me get my head straight. 

Nope, it does not. Watching Calum bumble with excitement over the details of the party only made me melt for him more. The day of the party came sooner than I would like it to, having to do all that was needed for the party in such a short period of time. The house is full and thumping with music, talk, and giggles, and like the true buzzkiller I am, I am looking for a way out of the party and away from the attendees.
So, equipped with a bottle of the overpriced champagne Calum purchased for the party, I make my way through the guests, and find my way to the passage for the rooftop. It is calm in here, a little chilly but I can handle it. There is no better place to be when I need an out than here, in the open air, seeing the starry sky that is clad in a dark cloak and covered with sparkly stars. I decide to pop the champagne now. There is no reason to sit and wait around, it will only turn warm, and then it will suck. Since I am all alone in here, I did not bother bringing a glass for my drink, so I get a generous swig straight from the bottle. I fix the long, tulle skirt of my dress, before leaning back and looking at the sky. I wish I knew by now what my true feelings are for Calum. I wish that I would have it all cleared out and structured in my mind, but this proved to be more complicated than any other matter I had to face lately. Maybe figuring it out should be part of my to-do list of the month.
"There you are... I have been looking everywhere for you." I hear Calum's familiar voice coming from the entrance of the rooftop, right as I was taking one more sip from my bottle.
"Here I am. Why? Were you looking?" I ask him as he approaches me. I can see he is holding a bottle of champagne as well, only he had the decency of bringing glasses along.
"I didn't see you at all throughout the party. We just took a toast for the new album, and you were missing, so I thought I should come find you and have our own toast." He replies, taking a seat by me, but keeping a respectful distance.
"I swear, I just got up here."
"(Y/N), did I do anything wrong?" He asks me as my cocky chuckle fades.
"Apart from buying this subpar and overpriced champagne, no." I try to keep it light, as a way to avoid becoming too honest with him.
"(Y/N), I am serious. Since the storm, you have been distant. I'd say you are avoiding me. And now I am pretty sure. It is a big day for me and I wanted you there for the party, and you were nowhere. What is going on? Did I do something wrong?" He makes sure to be specific, leaving me zero room to wiggle my way out of admitting.
"Calum, this is not the case. You've done nothing wrong." I assure him, hoping he stops looking further into it. But Calum is not as naive as he might come off, so of course, he presses me more about it.
"It feels like I have. You are avoiding me, we do not spend any time together, you are always off and away when I talk to you. I don't know what I did, but I would like to find out so I can fix it, so I can fix us."
"You did nothing wrong, Cal. It's me. I am the issue." I admit, covering my face in my hands.
"Is it because you figured out I like you? Because I can take rejection, but you just have to stop avoiding me, please." He sounds frustrated. I feel my heart stop and sink to my stomach, my head snapping towards him to study him.
"What did you just say?" I ask him. His eyebrows furrow slightly, and his face changes as he realizes what he just said.
"I thought you figured out during the storm that I like you, and that was the reason you were behaving like that." He explains, shrugging his shoulders at me a little awkwardly.
"Calum, you like me." I state, feeling the rush of excitement go through my body. God, this is such a high school crush thing to do.
"Why are you so surprised? I have been always dropping hints."
"You are horrible at hints." I scoff, laughing softly at him.
"Maybe you are bad at picking them." He defends himself.
"We are both horrible at hints." I move closer, tilting his chin up with the tip of my fingers.
"We will have to learn to live with that." He mumbles, his eyes darting to my lips. I nod my head, silently giving him permission to close the gap and kiss me.