The Day

Today is the day, everyone are busy preparing for this special event, while I am inside my room wearing an elegant wedding dress waiting for a miracle to happen. I wish the time will stop so I could runaway. Today is my wedding day, I Kimberly Chiu will soon to be Mrs. Lim. I am happy to be Mrs. Lim but not to be with Jason Lim the brother of Alexander the man that I truly love. His dad and my family agreed to do an arrange marriage. I am the only daughter of Mr. Francis Chiu the owner of FC Hotel. While Mr. David Lim is one of my dad's biggest share holder in the company. My dad knows about my relationship with alexander, but he objects it eversince he found out that Alexander is an illegitimate child. Yes, you heard it right. It was actually one of the biggest issue scandal in the business world. But the one who's more affected by it was Alexander. When Mr. David found out that Alexander was not his own son and Mrs. Lexy his wife had an affair with his business partner Joel Agoncillo one of the business tycoon in the country who owns the first class hotel and casino, he throw them both and Jason remains on his side. He took away everything from Alexander and his wife. I tried to reach out with him because I want to comfort him, but he's not answering my calls or messages. I don't have any idea where he is or how is he doing since the day he found out about the whole truth. I feel so worried and helpless because I can't do anything for him. My dad threatens me about meeting with Alexander. He don't want me to middle in the issue to avoid being involve. In order to kill the issue and to stop the media from making the whole situation big, my dad and Mr. Lim decides to do an arrange marriage. That's why I am here today wearing this beautiful wedding gown. I wish to be married to the man I truly love. But how will it happen if I will not do anything about it?

"Kimmy?." My thoughts are being disturbed when someone called my name. I turn my head to where the voice came from. Its my best friend Dara.

"Can I come in?" She asked and I permits her. She walks towards me and reach out for my hands. Her lips form in a thin line and smile a bit. "Kimmy, I know how you feel right now. There is still time. I will help you if you want?.. Just say the word." Dara is with me all the time. She knew everything about me and Alexander. She knew how much I love him and how much I wanted to find him. Until now she wants me to follow my heart. I look at her, I don't know how I look like because her expression got so surprised. "If I do that, my dad will get mad and his business will get down."

"But following him means sacrificing your happiness. Are you sure about it?" She asked for the nth time. That question has been on my mind for too long and my answer is still the same. love him, and if am to be honestdon't want to sacrifice my happiness  I answer in my mind.

"Ms. Kimberly, everyone is waiting for you. Its time already" said the girl in uniform. I wasn't able to answer my best friend. I just squeeze her hand and give an assuring smile because I can see on her face how worried and sad she is about this. I don't want her to feel that way. I've made up my mind and I choose my family. I'm sorry Alexanderbut loveyou. I walk out of the room leaving my best friend inside.