Charity (Part 1)

Elijah Pov

It's 5 P.M. and I have to go home and get ready the charity event at Faith. I have to be there by 7 P.M. if I reach there a minute late my mother will have my head in the silver platter along with my aunt's. My train of thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. 

"Come in" I said and Ms. Valentino came in with a file in her hands and I was confused to see her here because she was suppose to go the charity. 

"Mr. Williams, you are suppose to sign these documents by tomorrow EOD. Don't forget you are suppose be at the charity by 7 P.M. Mrs. Williams just called up me up to remind you as she was worried you would forget about it." She said and I nodded.

"Ms. Valentino are you not suppose to be at the charity as you're a volunteer there?" I questioned 

"Yes, but I had work to do and I informed Mrs. Johnson that I would be there before the event starts." she replied.

"Alright. Why don't you send me your location and I will have my driver pick you up." I said

"Oh! no please Sir, don't worry. I will be there on my own" she said politely 

"Oh! there's nothing to worry about. I just send me you address Amara" I said 

"Alright" she smiled and left the office not before sending the address.

"My driver will pick you up at 6:30 P.M" I sent her the text and called aunt Cara to inform that Amara will be there by 7 P.M and I have sent the driver to pick her up. She was happy when I said her that. 

Amara is very mysterious to me. Her name clearly states that she an Italian but she doesn't have the accent. She is very reserved and doesn't talk to people much. Most of the time I only see her working. Unlike other who talk with each other or go out for lunch she eats her lunch in the cafeteria alone. I think I need to have check on her. 

I was brought back from my thoughts when I heard my brothers calling me "Yes Augustus" I said 

"What are you thinking about Lucifer" He said and I glared at him. 

"Don't test you limit boy" Xavier said while walking into the room. He looked at me and nod his head.

"Anything" I asked 

"Yes, apparently someone out there is wanting to kill you Lucifer. And if my intel is right they have hired an assassin to kill you. What is unknown is that who is this person?" He said looking straight into my eyes.

"But for a fact I know that this person is going to come to the charity event." Zach said coming inside now.

"How do you know that? It might be a bluff" said Rachel who was coming behind Zach and then everyone was inside.

"True it might be a bluff. But it's better to be safe than sorry don't you think Rachel" Zach said winking at her and sighed looking at them.

"What do you think?" I asked Cara who is awfully silent.

"That's true, but I have feeling that this person is going to be there Luci" She said 

"I think they will be because Faith events are prestigious and everyone comes to this event everyone and me going there will be an obvious answer for them. But no one knows who I am or what I or we look like." I said looking at all of them. 

"Lets double the security. Lets not have any causalities. Shara and the family are going to be there Luca." Arthur said seriously. 

"There is already a lot of security at the event. Adding more means we know that he/she is here and Luca is also at the event." Dean said.

"Double the security and tell them to blend in with everyone. Tell them to relax and act causal do not by any chance tell them not to give any tips about them. One more thing have your eyes on Shara. Inform the dad's too. Even though today will not be the day of bloodshed it's still necessary." I said looking out the city

"Alright, Will meet you at the event then" Rudra said and left 

"I will inform the dad's" Dean said and one by one left the room except Xavier. He stood beside me and looked out the window. 

"Don't worry Eli. We will get through it." He said and I turned to him.

"Xavier I want you check on someone for me." I said 

"Who" he asked 

"Amara Bella Valentino" I said

"Why? Did you find something off about her" He asked 

"I don't know it's just that I want to know about her she is mysterious." I said looking at him.

"Okay will let you know more about her" he said 

"And let's keep this between us. No one needs to know about it." I said and he nodded. He was about to leave when I called him. 

"Send Taylor to pick up Ms. Valentino" I said and sent him the address. Now am all alone again in the my office. 

I looked at the cars and buildings outside thinking about who could this person be. I know there are a lot of people who want to kill me and want to know who Lucifer is. Who runs the Mafia? Who is the owner of Devil Clan? But no one could know it till now and I want to keep it that way. The devil lurkers only in the shadows. With that thought in mind I walked out of my office and got inside my car that was ready outside the office. I got in and was half way to my house when I got a call from Shara. 

"Yes, princess" I said smiling

"You are still picking me up right." she asked

"Yes, I am" I said 

"Okay am almost ready." she said 

"Are you wearing the dress that Aunt Monika made for you three." I asked because I know how much Shara hates to dress up. 

"I wouldn't dare not to" she said and I laughed 

"Alright I reached home now and I will be there at the house at 6:45" I said 

"Okay! see you then. Love you Elli" She said and cut the call.

"Love you too princess" I said and got out the car and headed straight to my room to freshen up.