Chapter 13: Arcane

Start from the beginning

I covered my mouth using my hand. So that's what happened. That is the reason why Jessica went totally missing. Turn out, she's looking for her missing sister with Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn't forced her. She willingly join Taeyeon to find them.

"It wasn't just the two of us who's searching for them. My uncle formed a team to help us find them. We spent days and nights without a sleep and we barely eat. We were too exhausted and that night that we call it quit, we saw a teenager sitting beside the road somewhere in Seoul. She's covered with dirt and some blood stains are all over her shirt. She wasn't crying actually, she was in shock. Staring blankly to nowhere. And there, we found Krystal." I saw a sign of relief on her face. I think seeing Krystal have woken up a new hope in their hearts. I sighed in relief too. It must be tough for the two sisters to lost their whole family. And I can imagine how happy Jessica was to see her sister alive. At least she's not totally alone.

"It took a week before Krystal talked to us. I guess the trauma is still there. So yeah, when she talked to us, she said she just saw their family laying on the ground covered with their own bloods. In other words, she saw them when the crime is already done. So she didn't witnessed what really happened and who killed them. But there's one thing she said that gave me hope. She said she saw two men back facing her, they are dragging my mother away from the crime scene. She said my mother saw her. And that she mouthed 'hide' to her. That's when Krystal hide herself from the bush. They pushed my mother inside a black sedan. And when they're gone, Krystal run and run until she got tired. That's how she successfully escaped. The thing that shook me is that, she said before she could go further, she overheard Sooyoung talking to a man. And there I found out that Sooyoung told them about the Jungs whereabouts." Suddenly, her eyes showed nothing but anger. She's glaring on her hands that are balled into a fist.

"Up until now the team are still searching for my mother. We've hired dozens of private investigators but we can't still find her. I'm so worried for her. I hope where ever she is, she's safe. I hope she'll hold on a bit more. We're close to finding her. I'll definitely find her." She said, determined. I nod my head to show my support.

"The Chois and The Jungs are rivals. And both families wanted to propose a partnership to us. So when Sooyoung found out that the Jungs are in our Ranch to close the deal, she told the Chois and they sent dozens of armed men to kill them." She said in gritted teeth. The veins in her knuckles are very visible because of how tight she balled her hands into a fist.

I held her hands gently. I rubbed each using my thumbs to soothe her. "By saying Choi, you also meant Siwon, right?" I asked to confirm my hunch.

"Yes. That jerk is using you to get into me."

"What do you mean? I didn't know you from 2 years ago, Taeyeon."

"Yes. But your father does."

"My father had something to do with this!?" I am clearly shock. How come?

"Your father is a close family friend. He's specifically close to my uncle. They have business partnership together. And yeah, your father knew everything about this. Which is why he decided to move in Jeonju when he heard about you and Siwon. He wanted to separate you two. And since you wanted to move out from them, he asked me to look after you." She smiled at me when she look up to see me furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. She held my hands that are still subconsciously soothing her hands and held it high to plant a soft kiss on each one of them.

"I told your father that I like you. And that I might fall hard if you were to get close to me. He warned me to keep my hands to myself but how can I do that when my hands can't resist to hold you?"

"So, you're saying that all of these are planned? My family decided to move here to separate me from Siwon? And that the room number I was assigned in this apartment is a part of the plan?"