14

| her choice |

hayoon's mind were clouded with the thoughts of both males. the whole week she sat in her room, just thinking. in campus, she had kept to herself and avoided the group of friends. her brother knocked on her room softly before he sat on the edge of the bed. he stayed by her side silently, just offering his company to his only sister.

"it's like i know but i don't know," hayoon let out a frustrated sigh, her hands dropping to her lap.

"you don't have to stress over who to pick yet. you have a long way to go before marriage comes into your life - you're young, hayoon," juyeon's soft and concern voice soothed her a little. his hand reached out for hers as he gave her a little squeeze. "but what if i hurt them?" she sobbed, burying her face into her palms.

"they're strong enough to take rejection - if they're weak, i'm not leaving you with them. they should be as strong as me to look over you," juyeon joked a bit, he knew it cheered her up a little. "and i am sure both of them want to see you happy," her brother added.

"just know that, whatever decision you choose - whether it be one of them or none, i'll have your back," the older one pulled her into his embrace, rubbing her back gently.

-

"pick your fighter!" kevin imitated the old video game meme as they all came together at the same bench for lunch.

juyeon shot him a glare, knowing that his sister was struggling over that. the rest of the group was aware of the deal and what was about to happen that day. hayoon could only keep her head down as the rest of them looked over her worriedly. kevin was no help but at least she had her brother and probably chanhee to support her.

"yah! you guys should not pressure her about this little game of yours!" chanhee nudged sunwoo and changmin. "it's not a game!" sunwoo argued. "and we promise we will not force her to pick if she does not want to," changmin agreed.

"wow, changmin and sunwoo getting along? that's new," kevin stifled a laugh as eric bursted out in fits of laughter.

-

the park was almost empty as the late afternoon sun shine less brightly. two figures were seated under the shade of a huge tree, protecting them from the sun rays.

"i want to apologise," the girl sat next to the male with her head down. hayoon met up with changmin first - to apologise. changmin smiled a bitter smile to himself. he knew. she knew he had known.

"i knew i already lost from the start. i saw how you look at him, hayoon. don't be fooled by other emotions. you know what you have to do," changmin grinned, pulling her into a tight hug and resting his chin on her shoulder. - a hug he would miss so much after that day. so changmin held hayoon in his arms, wishing they could stay that way a little longer and she let him.

sunwoo's house

sunwoo was already dejected. he hid at home, hoping to get over his feelings. there was no way hayoon would pick him over ji changmin after all he had put her through. the same white, dull ceiling greeted him as he forcefully laid on his bed. sunwoo let out a long sigh as mixed feelings of anger, disappointment and upset. and he blamed himself - he was mad, no, he was agitated at himself for letting her experience pain that he had caused. in no way was he ever going to forgive himself for that.

ding dong!

who was here at this timing? especially when he was taking his time to grieve over losing hayoon to someone and that someone was ji changmin, the lad he had went against during an inter-school match in high school. sunwoo swung the door opened only to be met with a really tight hug. glancing down, he recognised the soft, silky hair of his favourite girl. his arms wrapped around her petite self, returning her embrace. a small smile made its way onto his face before it transformed into a wide one.

"wait, you chose me?" he pulled themselves apart to look at her face. the girl's bright smile and joyous laughter made it obvious to him that she had picked him. the smiles on their faces remained as sunwoo pulled her into another hug by her waist. her arms reached out to rest around his neck, bringing them closer. his gaze shifted from her eyes that sparkled to her pinkish plump lips which held a beautiful smile.

"can i?" sunwoo softly asked, almost impatient. grinning from ear to ear, hayoon nodded up at him and finally he dipped his head to press his lips onto hers. it was the same warm, fuzzy feeling that engulfed them both. for once, kim sunwoo and lee hayoon had no care for everything else in the world - not people who tried to break them up or even the stressful college semesters. what mattered the most to them was that they finally found one another again. they had nothing to lose anymore - she loved him and he loved her.