13

| real date |

the friday in campus was going very well for hayoon. chanhee had an extra class while she had free period. hayoon figured out that she should catch up with reading so the joyful female made her way to the library in the building across hers. the huge three-storey library was quiet as students were scattered around in random seats doing their own works. hayoon skipped towards the end of the room where tall, thick shelves conquered the space. her peace ended when she spotted a familiar black-haired male.

"can we go on a date, pretty please?" for some reason, this certain male was clinging onto her as soon as she grabbed a book.

"no," hayoon glared at him before resuming to her newly-found book.

"they set us up! i'm lacking behind changmin!" sunwoo whined, linking his arm with hers.

"but sunwoo, we went on a date - kinda," hayoon tried to reason with him. but of course, kim sunwoo was one stubborn and hard-headed man.

"just let me take you on another date, hayoon," he insisted, flashing her a really desperate smile,"please?"

"fine,"

-

saturday, 4am

'why at 4 in the morning, kim sunwoo?' hayoon groaned to herself.

lee hayoon had on a comfy sweatshirt tucked into straight cut denim jeans. her hands combed through her locks of hair as she stared at herself in the mirror. "we good to go? yep, we are," hayoon huffed out, surprisingly a little anxious of the date. she had heard a horn as she made her way down. kim sunwoo pulled up in her driveway in a black car.

"wait- you have drivers' license?" the first thing she asked him. hayoon continued to bombard the male with more questions.
"and whose car is this?"
"did you perhaps steal the car?"

nonetheless, the first thing she noticed was not sunwoo walking towards her but the way warmth filled herself. it was a mix of a warmth, comfortable and safe feeling. her eyes shifted to the black-haired male who had opened up the door for her.

"you're being a little too polite tonight, kim sunwoo," hayoon smirked, slightly amused that the male was treating her extra special.

"you're the princess tonight, lee hayoon," he smiled a genuine smile as he leant forward making hayoon freeze as she held her breath. his fingers tugged on the seatbelt lightly before swiftly pulling it across her to buckle her up. their faces were inches away and a slight mis-step might cause them an incident. "gotta make sure the princess is safe," he winked before he closed the passenger door as he made his way to the driver's side. they drove off into the night.

once in a while, hayoon would catch him glancing at her through the rear-view mirror, casually winking at her. "you look even more pretty tonight. did you put on make up for me?" sunwoo teased. "sunwoo, shut up," she smacked his arm, laughing lightly at his unusual behaviour. at first, hayoon could not figure out what they were doing for the date night. 'it's top secret!' she recalled sunwoo saying that to her the day before. it was until sunwoo tossed hayoon her favourite snacks from the backseat. sunwoo could see how her face lighted up quickly upon seeing the bag of snack. he maintained the smile as he turned up the radio a bit before focusing on the road. hayoon was already enjoying herself with other snacks and music and kim sunwoo could only smile brightly because he knew. he knew she loved long car rides accompanied with snacks and songs. he was also confident with his second surprise - it was something she had been wanting to experience as well.

-

"you betrayed me! and i know that you'll never feel sorry!" lee hayoon belted out to the song playing. the male shook his head, laughing at the girl next to him before joining her in screaming out the lyrics as well. that was, in no way, how they should behave during a date but who could blame them? olivia rodrigo was playing on the radio!

"sunwoo~ where are we going?" it was the nth time the girl had asked him. "we're almost there," still, sunwoo was patient as he smiled, patting her on her hair lightly. after what seemed like hours to hayoon, sunwoo parked the car before asking her to alight. "hurry! we can't miss it!" sunwoo took hold of her hand in his, pulling her gently with him up the slightly steep hill. "miss what?" hayoon was still confused. it took them several hundreds steps to finally reach the top where they could oversee the city below them. "woah," hayoon let out an amazed gasp as she stared at the view.

"this," sunwoo pointed out at the horizon which connected the sky and the land of cities. rays of yellow and orange started to peek out from behind the tall buildings. the sun rose up gracefully as it set a golden glow upon the land. hayoon's eyes sparkled as she watched, and kim sunwoo watched her. it was a sight he very much adored - him watching the girl he love watch the sun with so much astonishment.

"sunwoo, it's so beautiful," hayoon whispered, refusing to take her eyes off the video for a moment. "like you," sunwoo whispered, his eyes never leaving the girl next to him. sunwoo knew how much hayoon wanted to watch the sunrise and for once, he did not think of fighting ji changmin. he just wanted lee hayoon to be happy always - even if it was not with him.