12. Angelo Lagusa pt 2.

Was night here always this, gloomy.
I sat next to Angelo in a chair looking out to the city, in the distance the playhouse burned and the smoke polluted the sky. My mind was a mist and my body heavy. All the strength left in me was my hand that held angelos lifelessly. He too didn't look happy while tired. His bags underneath his eyes worsen by the hour. Hearing the door opening in this new place we were dragged to by Strega. Caught my attention, two goons came in and dropped trays of food for us but since Angelo woke up, he refused to eat, and so have I. I ignored them and continued to watch the playhouse burn. Along with the Vanettis. My lip quivered and my hand shook, tears would have fallen if I had any left. Angelos eyes shifted for a moment to look at me.

that's all that indicated he was still alive. Well. Besides his upright position and eyes being open. I looked to him to see if I could get any thing from him. Yet what I saw in his eyes were exactly what my heart was feeling.

" tsk, still not interested. Huh?"

Hearing the goons made me and Angelo look back to the city in silence.

" hey, why are we keeping them alive anyway..? He killed the Don, and she's the next heir for the Vanettis, if that bastard Nero lived."

Even if it didn't seem like it. I could hear them and was listing in.

So, that means that Nero hasn't been counted as dead? Thank god... I couldn't help but let a bit of a smile out.

" how should I know.... Hm?"

One of the goons picked up a pamphlet that Angelo been keeping.

" Florida, a paradise...how ridiculous."

He tossed it on the table like garbage. A explosion was heard and the playhouse only burned brighter. My eyes widened a bit to the sound and my lips frowned.

" that's the end of the Vanettis, I guess huh. There is no better way to unveil Don Strega's succession."

I sucked my lips in and closed my eyes to keep my emotions in check. But the feeling of angelos hand moving even just a bit caught my attention. I opened my eyes and looked to Angelo, he seems to be looking at something. I followed his gaze and saw a car. I narrowed my eyes to look closer and sure enough it was Cerotto. I leaned forward a bit shocked. This made Angelo look at me, he squeezed my hand when the goons spoke up again, most likely not to draw attention.

" hey, stop that-"

" eh- why, it's not like they are gonna eat it anyway."

The other goon got up and was gonna walk out. The other one was about to eat not only mine, but angelos food too. When the goon made it to the door tho. Angelos eyes closed and he sat waiting. I turned to him not sure why. The sound of the goon getting hit made me flinch and I looked over I stopped in shock on who it was. I watched as they made their way over. The other goon, who was unarmed held out his finger as a  gun to him and tried to "shoot" him.

" e-eh- Bang—"

He knocked him out and then the man walked to us.
I turned around now nervously and waited.

On the right side of Angelo was Nero who looked down at him.
I refused to look up.
Ashamed? No.. afraid. And regretful..
Cause in his eyes. Were hate, pure undying and loathing. It was clear of his intentions of being here. Angelo sat there tho. Unmoving, and un responsive. He just held my hand while I slumped my head. Eventually Angelo looked up. I looked too, wondering what they are gonna do.
Angelo saw the same face I did... and smirked.

Sometimes seeing things behind glass, is the best place to see it.
The place smelled of wet ground and the burning playhouse. Exactly how I thought the outside would.
We sat in that car me and Angelo saw earlier, with cerotto. I sat in the front next to cerotto, while Angelo was tied by his hand in the back with Nero.