xᴠ: ɪ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ'ᴠᴇ sᴀᴠᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ

TW: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

Footsteps. That's the only thing that could be heard after those thunder's and crickets, she walked slowly through the kitchen, blood dripping from her hand. Slow little steps, due to her weakness from passing out, she falls onto the floor, right before exiting the Mess Hall.

Cindy.

Ziggy.

Alice.

She stands on her feet again, and walks slowly towards the Hanging Tree, holding herself on the trees so she would restrain herself from falling. She stops walking, seeing that the tree's were no longer there and it was only plain grass. She falls again and takes a look around.

Is she okay?

She needs to be okay.

Her eyes stop at a spot near the tree, there was three people there. Two on the floor, and one of them were sat besides the other. The girl's head was dizzy, she couldn't see anything clearly so started crawling, getting closer to the scenario. As soon as her vision gets the situation right, she stops moving.

"No! NO!" She yells, Nick looks behind and see's the girl, he couldn't help her, he was trying to save Ziggy. "CINDY!" The girl shouts as she gets up and runs, in pain, towards Cindy's body. She kneels besides Cindy's body and cries in agony, her bloody hands hold Cindy's face in hope the girl would wake up. "Don't you dare die on me Cindy, do you hear me!" She cries as she tries to cover up somehow the huge wound on her chest. "No, no, no! Don't do this to me Cindy, come on! Wake up!" The girl slightly hits Cindy's face a couple of times, there's no point. Cindy was dead. Cassie brings Cindy's dead body closer to her, putting the dead girl on her lap. She held Cindy tightly with her arms, the girl was still warm. Cassie's tears felt right onto Cindy's big cut on the chest, you know that sculpture called Pietá? It's basically Jesus mother, Mary, holding her dead son in her arms. That was how Cassie was holding Cindy right now.

"Cassie. There's no point." She hears Ziggy mutter. At least she was alive, the girl laughs and starts looking around her, while breathing really fast. This isn't happening, this isn't real..

It's my fault.

She sobs hard, not being able to breathe properly. Cassie puts her hand on her chest, trying to get some sort of relief because of the huge amount of pain she was feeling in that moment. She looks at the sky, still not believing what just happened, but within a couple of seconds. It just hits.

She yells the most agonizing scream anyone could ever hear. She was alone, she was so fucking alone.

I promised her, I promised that I would keep her safe.

If I were quick enough.

I could've saved her.

I didn't..

I broke the promise.

She's dead because of me.

She looks at Cindy's blood on her hands.