ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟞

" 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒, 𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑑𝑢𝑠𝑘 𝑡𝑖𝑙 𝑑𝑎𝑤𝑛. 𝐵𝑎𝑏𝑦 𝑖𝑚 𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~||~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Clank.

The clanking of the rusty metal beneath every one of our footsteps creeks and makes noises from our shifting weight.

The two guys before lead the way deeper into the tunnels.

"My brother knows these tunnels really well, he worked sanitation down here. Right after they made him an avox." One of them speaks up.

Pressing my feet against the pavement my eyes adjust to the darkness that surrounds us with very low light.

Katniss scans her areas as I then make eye contact with Gage, I quickly look away as I catch Finnick in the corner of my eye, "you alright?" He asks as he comes closer to me

I simply nod without another word as I begin to walk ahead with the others. In all honesty, I felt sickened, how could they just turn innocent people into slaves and cut their tongues. Poor guy.

I watch as the one who never spoke stops in front of us worriedly as his brother reassures him, I kept my tongue back but couldn't any longer.

"It's okay, we'll make him pay.." I say aloud as I step forward and place my hand against his shoulder.

He turns to me and nods and gives me a thank you look as he pats my hand.

He then begins to walk forward as does the rest of us, I then feel someone brush against my shoulder looking over I find katniss, "good job" she simply says without breaking from looking ahead of herself.

"Took him five years to find himself out of here." The man who was his brother piped up beside us.

I had no words, five years. I couldn't imagine what he had been through, never seeing the light again. Never knowing if it was truly his last time.

After a few moments something began to beep informing us there was something coming, we all ran and hide in the corner just as Peeta crouches next to me, he gives me a soft smile and I give him one back.

A sound of a train goes swiftly by and once it leaves I stand up, "we're too exposed here. We're gonna get caught." I stay sternly as others nod their heads in agreement.

The man who was leading us nods as he motions for us to go lower.

I look over at Finnick who was looking back at me from across the way, the sewers. He's taking us to the sewers.

~

Moist, damp, wet, we make our way into water almost above our shoulders as we walk down a narrow pipped sewer, behind me was Finnick and every so often he'd graze my back in comfort and steady my way.

I felt enclosed and slightly trapped even. Definitely not doing so well, as I felt my stomach stir, had I forgotten I was also pregnant.

I stumble slightly and a hand ahead grabs me to support, I sigh and look up to meet the eyes of gages, "t-thank you" I say and he clears his throat and nods as he continues ahead.

I felt almost guilty even. I hadn't even told him about the baby..that was his at least.

~

What felt like hours upon hours as we walked in silence. The water had gone down to only our ankles as a slight opening to the side appears, I could tell I needed a break but I'm not the type to back down even when sick.