"wait, how did you know that?" i question, turning around to face her.

"i don't know, you were drunk one time you were here for a band recording and kept on talking about bands i haven't heard of but all of us listened anyways." alexandra replies, slowly placing her shades back down as she read one of the grrrl zines we've been curating for quite some time now. "you know, i like how colorful you guys have done with this piece of paper."

rue lets out a sigh. "okay, just because of all you three, i'll accept the changes. all bands get experimental eras anyways." sofia squeals with glee then hugs rue tightly. 

"we could start brainstorming new music around this week. patty's planning on having a sleepover at holly hills' house." penny suggests.

"yes!" alexander cheers as he jumped off the other couch, making us look at him slightly startled. "girls, i got us a gig." the gang starts to cheer. "but, the gig's in 2 months. that's totally fine though, because that means you all still have time to practice your lineup."

"what's the gig going to be, alex?" sofia asks.

"first of all, don't call me alex." he swipes his phone to the left. "second, it's a birthday party." rue groans in disappointment.

"who would plan their birthday party 2 months before the event?" penny crosses her arms.

"this family, apparently." alexander gestures at his phone. "but hey, they aren't just your ordinary family. these people are rich rich. who knows, they might have connections with a few record labels. i'll update you once they tell me more about the details."

"alright, great! looks like we'll be having a lots of gigs for january. first, our school event; then this birthday party; then that one band competition outside of plainview. man, i can't wait!" while penny was about to discuss our plans for next year, my phone started to ring which rarely happens.

taking out my phone, the notification says...

"rodrick's calling." i read out loud.

"rodrick's calling?" rue asks, making the three rush towards my way in curiosity, wanting to know why rodrick would call. i had to shush them as i accepted the call since they kept on giggling and joke around.

"hello?"

"hazel! hi...hi..." rodrick breathes heavily through the phone, which made his voice sound a little distorted from the air. "how are you doing?"

"um...i'm fine?" i walk farther from the three to the dark corner of the room, letting out a chuckle. "i uh, i'm currently in penny's house for band practice but i'll be heading over there with noelle and my parents once we're done."

"cool! cool...i can't wait to see you—and your family! you and your family, yeah." rodrick blurts out. i had to bite my lip, trying not to laugh. "oh, and also you're gonna love mom's pot roast. it tastes amazing. you have to try it once you get here."

"can't wait!" i said.

"yeah, me too...goddamnit, rodrick." i hear him mutter. "i'll uh, i'll see you at 7?"

"you bet." i replied.

"cool."

"yeah."