sixteen

( track 17: )

rebel girl
bikini kill

0:00 •—————— 3:23
◀ || ▶

nora's point of view

"...and that's a wrap everybody! well done pals, all we gotta do now is finalize the outfits we have prepared!" penelope clapped her hands, making all three of us cheer and hype up the place.

"i'm pretty sure we're going to do great tomorrow night. i mean, who knows? we might win the contest too." sofia chuckled as she tossed her drumsticks mid-air. "so hazey haz, what will you be wearing tomorrow night?"

"i'll show it later on," i shrugged as i placed my electric guitar on the stand. "what about we see rue's outfit choice first? she's obviously the one who has more style than us."

rue rolled her eyes and laughed as she threw her bag to the couch. "ugh stop being such a flirt haz or else i will kiss you." she joked, taking out a huge leopard printed coat and a little black dress. "yeah, so like this is what i'm going to wear for tomorrow. anyone else?"

"oh yeah, i'll be wearing this plain band shirt my brother used to own and some pants." sofia grinned which showed her smiley piercing. "but like, kinda nervous that some people might come up to me and ask me to name 3 songs from nirvana. i mean, i know more than 3 songs from nirvana since i obviously listen to them but like...get what i mean?" she sighed.

"you could wear some fishnet gloves with that too." rue suggested. "what's yours pen?"

"well i was going for–"

"i'm wearing a gown!" patty bursted through the door with her mom behind her wearing white gloves and an extremely pink dress, almost making her look like a doll.

penelope groaned. "for the last time, no patty, you can't join us as our backup dancer."

"oh but i'm not going to be there as your back up, sister." she says with a smug. "i'm going solo."

"yeah right, and what are you going to do?"

"i'm gonna sing too, for pete's sake!" patty shouts as she sat on the couch, crossing her arms. "i'm going to sing memory. just you wait until i beat everyone in the contest, especially you."

"isn't memory from that cats musical?" i asked. "shouldn't you be wearing a fur suit and some cat ears for the performance?" i joked, making chloe and penny burst out laughing.

"hazel i swear to god, i will–"

"alright patty, settle down. you'll do great in the performance, don't worry." mrs farrell chuckled. "why don't you go back in your room and maybe warm up your vocals again, hmm?" patty stomped her way out of the room with a disgust look on her face. "now, patty gone, i finally get to help you guys with wardrobe since you guys clearly need my help."

"as i was saying..." penny cleared her throat as she grabbed her overalls from the couch. "i'll be wearing this with this...rainbow looking crop top."

"i hate to break it to you honey, but your outfit choices make you and your band look like you're all over the place." the mother grimaced, causing penny to glare at her. "what? i'm being serious i–just let me help you and your band. believe me, i used to be in your shoes before. you know, crazy hairstyles; questionable clothing choices; the like."