14.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

"We're in Battery, right here." Pope said looking at the map. "So if this is parcel Nini then it's somewhere northeast of here."

"Somewhere there." Kie said as JJ stood on the stones looking at the view.

"Right." Pope said.

"Over there? Guys that's not Tannyhill that's a subdivision." JJ said.

"Tannyhill Plantation was the entire island." John B stated. "It got sold into smaller pieces over time."

"So we're just looking for an old stone wall." Pope said still looking at the map.

JJ took a step onto a higher stone, but the stone broke underneath him, making him almost fall. Lucy placed her hands on his stomach, stopping him from falling on her. She helped him fix his balance, him giving her a sheepish smile back.

"Thanks." He said.

"No problem, don't need you losing brain cells." Lucy replied. She then looked at her hands that were still on her stomach. She could feel the outlines of his abs through his muscle tee.

She quickly put her hands back to her sides, clearing her throat awkwardly.

"I found the where the stone wall should be." Pope said grabbing their attention. They followed him, all getting into the car.

"Okay so the road should split up here." Pope said. "Your gonna take a left." John B turned left, and they saw a stone wall that was mostly covered in weeds.

"That looks like a stone wall to me." JJ said as John B stopped the car.

"This is it." Pope said looking at the house behind the stone wall.

"Not the Crain house." John B muttered as they got out of the car.

"Worst case scenario." JJ said.

"Why'd it have to be here?" Lucy asked as they looked at the wall and the house behind it. "Of all places."

"I heard that Mrs. Crain buried her husband's head on the property." JJ said looking at Pope. They group looked at each other.

"Okay let's go." Kie said getting tired of standing there. She climbed up the wall and hopped over.

"Hey Kie wait!" John B said climbing over with the rest of the group. They looked around around and saw old statues and weeds growing everywhere.

"Look you guys know whose house this is right?" Kie asked.

"Oh yeah I do." JJ said looking around as they walked closer to the house.

"Honestly I don't really believe the stories of this place." John B said.

"I don't know what I believe but either way it makes me not want to be here." Lucy stated.

"Which stories did you hear?" JJ asked her.

"They one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since." Lucy said, then smiling mischievously.

"On certain nights when the moon is full you can see her in the window." She said turning to JJ to scare him.

"Woah not funny Louis. Cause it's all true." JJ said as they continued to walk. "I swear to God, guys, this is all real, I knew Hollis. Geez!" JJ said jumping as he noticed another statue.

"Wait you knew Hollis Crain?" Pope asked.

"Yeah dude." JJ answered.

"Dude how do you know Hollis Crain?" Pope asked.