Chapter 29: Centaurs, Hippogriff Love, and Passwords

"Ursa I have an odd question." Harry says as they're sitting at lunch one day. "How does your house function without Dobby?"

Ursa chuckles. "We have multiple elves." Ursa says. "All you basically did is make it so we have to get things ourselves and clean our own rooms. Which we do with magic."

"Then why'd your dad make a big deal about losing him?"

"Because he lost his status symbol. Dobby only went to some places with him to show off the fact that he had a house-elf."

"What about the other elves?" Hermione asks. "Is your family cruel to them too?"

"No, they are like the elves here. You don't see them but you know they're there. You have to see them to be cruel to them. I don't think I've even seen one of them. I don't think they are all that bright. They just keep on doing what they've been doing for the last who knows how many years. I assume they have children and teach them."

"What about when you go into the kitchen?" Ron asks.

"We have two kitchens. One upstairs that's basically there to look nice and available if we ever wanted to cook. Not like any of us know how although I do plan on learning at some point. Then there's one downstairs somewhere that is actually used."

"You have two kitchens?"

"You seem to forget I'm bloody rich."

"Right. We do forget. You don't flaunt it like Draco."

"True."

"How do you choose meals and things?" Hermione asks.

"No idea. I think my mother does that or something."

***

Ursa walks into the common room wearing tight a shirt and a pair of leggings. "Where exactly do you think you're going dressed like that?" Draco asks.

"Forbidden forrest." Ursa replies as she sits next to him.

"What! Why?"

Ursa answers while putting her boots on. "There's a creature that needs help in a place too small for Hagrid."

"Why are you wearing that?"

"So my clothes don't snag on anything."

***

Ursa kneels down in front of the mother fox. She holds her hand out and waits for the fox to nuzzle against her hand. The mother then steps back and lets Ursa touch the pups. "Poor little guy." Ursa draws her wand and trails it down the pup's leg, healing it. The mother fox growls and herds her pups deeper into the den. "That's not good." Ursa crawls backwards out of the den. She turns around just in time to see a wolf jump at her. She braces herself, closing her eyes, and hears the twang of a bow string. She hears a thud and the wolf whimper. Ursa opens her eyes to see the wolf running off with an arrow in its side. She stands and looks around but doesn't see anyone. "Whoever that was, thank you. Though now I need to hunt down that wolf unless you plan on killing it." Ursa draws her wand again. "Lumos." The tip of her wand lights and she follows the trail of paw prints and drops of blood in the mud. She sees the wolf and points her wand at it. "Nox, Stupefy!" The wolf drops to the ground unconscious. Ursa slowly moves towards it, making sure it is actually unconscious. When she is sure it's unconscious, she points her wand to the sky. "Protego Totalum. Not going to be snuck up on again." Ursa kneels down next to the wolf. She puts the tip of her wand to place the arrow is embedded and grabs the arrow with her left hand. Ursa pulls the arrow out and immediately casts. "Episky." The wolf's wound heals before it has a chance to bleed badly. "Alright now to get far enough away before waking it." Ursa removes the shield and walks away from the wolf. She squats behind a tree and points her wand at the wolf. "Renerverate." The wolf opens its eyes and looks around in confusion before running away. She carefully stands from her hiding place. She hears the twang of a bow again and ducks. "Fuck." Ursa takes off through the forest. She looks back and trips over a tree root, twisting her ankle. "Just what I need right now. Episky." She's quickly surrounded by four centaurs, bows pointed at her. She looks up and drops her wand before putting her hands up.