thirty, happier

"you know, all your blood is gonna rush to your head." a laugh leaves hawk's lips as he walked into his bedroom. he wore grey sweatpants and was shirtless, his abs displaying perfectly. his usual mohawk was down seeing as it was early in the morning.

it's been a good week since miguel and tory had locked the two in the locker room. after both hawk and y/n had agreed on a way to figure things out, and after miguel and tory began hearing things they didn't want to hear, they had let the two out.

for the past week y/n and hawk had been hanging out, mostly everyday. after sessions at the dojo they'd get cleaned up and then hangout at the mall food court or some type of park.

they'd eat, and talk about how they felt. despite it mostly being things that the other did that annoyed the shit out of them, they'd occasionally bring up the topic of a relationship.

they hadn't quiet figured out where they stood, it had only been a week after all, but it was at least acquaintances, possibly even finally friends.

it was friday, and the week was close to an end. the hangout spot last night and this morning was currently hawk's house. no, y/n and hawk did not hook up again. as much as the two wanted to they decided it was probably not the best thing to do when they were trying to piece together what was happening between them.

"i don't care." y/n sighed. she was currently sprawled out on hawk's bed, hanging upside down.

hawk approached closer, walking towards his nightstand next to his bed to connect his phone to his charger. as he got closer y/n could smell the intoxicating scent of his cologne.

she throws herself up, now kneeling on the bed. although she had slept over, only because hawk kept insisting it was too late for her to go home last night, hawk had decided on sleeping on the couch and leaving y/n his bed.

he'd let her borrow some clothes, well just a long t-shirt she wore as a nightgown. she had on her long, knee high socks on and her short, layered hair was up in a low ponytail with most of the hair now out and framing her face.

she tilted her head sideways, her eyes on hawk as he stood next to the bed looking down at his phone. feeling her eyes on him he shut his phone off, placing it down on the stand.

he turns and looks down at her, reaching over and grabbing her chin in his hand. y/n looks up at him through her eyelashes, a smile on both of their faces.

"come here." she mumbles, grabbing his arm and pulling his hand away from her face. he complies, sitting down next to her on the mattress.

she lays her head on his shoulder, her hands on his arm. hawk's smile got even brighter if possible, "don't get used to this, l/n—i still very much hate you."

y/n smiles, "trust me, the feeling is mutual."

they laugh, hawk shaking his head at the girl. "so, what's the plan for today?" he asks, looking down at her.

she groans, pulling away from him and falling back onto the bed. hawk places his hand on her bare thigh, another chuckle leaving his lips.

"hmm," y/n thinks as her eyes stare up at the ceiling of hawk's room, "golf n stuff? or we can catch a movie?" she shrugs.

"or..." hawk starts, a smirk tugging at his lips. his hand travels further up y/n's thigh slowly, the cold ring on his finger pressing against her bare skin.

y/n rolled her eyes, a grin appearing on her face. she pulled his arms down and he fell on top of her, her laughter echoing in his room.

he scoffed as he pushed himself up, looking down at her . "no." she smiled up at him.