twenty, to care or not care

it was quiet, almost nothing could be heard except for the crickets outside and a few cars passing by the building. in another apartment miguel looked down at his phone, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the texts he was receiving.

hawk had texted miguel letting him know where he was, with y/n. he told him everything that happened and how you were now asleep, on the couch with your head on his lap.

it was all very confusing to miguel, all be it he always knew something was bound to happen between hawk and y/n.

throughout the night hawk watched your tv as you slept and eventually he fell asleep as well. he only slept for a few hours before hearing the front door of the apartment slam shut, and the blinds being open which sent a blinding light into his sleepy eyes.

"who the hell are you?" aunt linda questioned, shoes in her hands and her hair up in a messy ponytail. her loud, concerned voice caused y/n to bolt up from her sleep. "y/n, who is this?"

y/n rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hand, waking herself up before answering the question. "haw-eli. this is eli." she introduced, not wanting to introduce the boy next to her by his ridiculous nickname.

"what exactly is he doing here?"

no one answered, "well?" aunt linda questioned again. "he was just...he came over last night, we were watching tv and we fell asleep, okay?"

"no, not okay. this is my apartment y/n, you have to tell me when you have boys over. i'm supposed to be taking care of you."

"oh my god, nothing that you think happened happened. he's just a—he's just a friend." hawk's gaze snapped over to look at y/n and then back at her aunt.

"i'm sorry, i'll—uh, i'll go now. i'll see you later, y/n?"

"wait, don't go yet." y/n replies, standing up from the couch and following hawk towards the door. "y/n-"

"i'm just gonna talk to him, i'll be right back in here." she rolls her eyes at her aunt as she steps outside and closes the door behind them.

it's silent, no one speaks until a few seconds later hawk does. "this isn't talking." he chuckles.

"look, i'm sorry about last night. i've been having a rough week—well month, actually more like couple of years—anyways, the point is i didn't mean to embarrass myself and burst out into tears in front of you."

"you didn't—"

"let me finish. you didn't have to stay, you could've gone home."

"i wanted to stay." hawk replies nonchalantly, looking down at the girl in front of him.

"why?"

"because...i-i care about you, l/n." he mumbled under his breath, almost ashamed to admit it.

a grin makes its way onto y/n's features, seeing how flustered hawk had gotten in revealing his reasons for staying with her.

"oh my god,"

"shut up." he says, looking down and avoiding her eyes.

"eli, hawk, moskowitz cares about me." y/n mockingly states, "that's so sweet, i feel sooo speacial."

"literally just shut the fuck up." hawk chuckles as he finally looks at her.

"make me." hawk's eyebrows furrow together and there's a few seconds of silence. "you won't." y/n challenges, trying her best to keep a straight face and not burst into a fit of laughter as she watches hawk's eyes widen.

in less than a second hawk's had is wrapped around y/n's neck, pulling her in and smashing his lips onto hers. they're lips moved in sync, hawk soon slipping his tongue into y/n's mouth.

about a minute later they separate and the two teens look at each other, hawk's hand still around y/n's neck. 

"well, that was hot."

startled, hawk quickly let's go off y/n and they both move away from each other. looking at the person who made the comment, she smirks at both of her friends.

"tory, what are you doing here?" y/n laughs nervously. "well, i thought i'd come over and we could have a girls day. i thought maybe it would make you feel better about what happened yesterday. but i'm guessing someone, or  rather something," tory looks down at hawk's pants, "has already done that."

"what? no, ew! tory you're disgusting." y/n exclaims while hawk laughs and shakes his head.

"alright, i'm out. catch you guys later." the boy waves, but before walking away he looks at y/n one more time.

once he's gone tory turns back to look at y/n, "okay, you have to tell me everything that happened because i know you did not just go from hating each other to making out right outside your door."

"nothing happened tory, it was just a one time thing. he just kissed me because...well because, i don't know but it won't happen again."

"come on, you can't just admit you might actually like him?"

"why would i like him?"

"come on, i have an idea, let's go inside." tory smiles widely, dragging her best friend inside of the apartment. "oh no." y/n whispers to herself.

meanwhile hawk knocks at miguel's door for what seems like the hundredth time. "dude, stop knocking i was in the bathroom." miguel says as he finally opens the door.

hawk says nothing and instead just walks inside, "what's up?" miguel questions as he closes the door.

they both stand in the small living room, "bro, i think—i think i like y/n." hawk states, his face scrunching up in disgust at his own confession.

"what do you mean? like you like her, like 'oh i don't know why i hated her she's pretty cool' or like her like 'god she's so hot'?"

hawk's eyebrows furrow, "that's too many likes i have no idea what the hell you just said, but i don't know i stayed with her last night."

as miguel goes to speak hawk continues, "nothing happened, well i mean she cried and i hugged her and then you know i texted you everything else but that's all that happened. and then earlier she asked me why i stayed and i told her..."

miguel nods, waiting for hawk to finish his sentence. "okay, you told her?"

"where's your trash can cause i'm actually about to throw up." hawk overreacts making miguel laugh, "just tell me."

"i told her i care about her. why would i tell her that? is it true, do i?"

"dude, why are you asking me? don't you know how you feel? i mean if you told her you probably meant it, right?"

hawk groans, throwing himself face down on miguel's couch, "i don't know!"

miguel laughs and shakes his head. his cellphone vibrates and notifies him he has received a text, looking down at it he reads the words on the screen and grins.

tory🖤
i have a plan... we're getting hawk & y/n together

take hawk to that diner by the strip mall at 7 tonight

love u<3

author's note
i didn't know what exactly to name this chapter...
anyways i want to write another xreader fanfic but idk who to base it on, any ideas?