four, victories

"hey, y/n." y/n turned around at the sound of her name. "oh, hey, river." she smiled as she stopped walking and stood in front of the boy, who was at least seven inches taller than her. "i was hoping to see you fight."

she smacked her lips together, "i was hoping i would fight, but i guess not." she laughed, "i never imagined you coming to something like this."

"moon invited me. she came to cheer on hawk." he chuckled. "i also wanted to check out cobra kai, i was thinking of joining. i liked what i saw." he nodded, "and i like what i see in front of me right now."

y/n's eyes widened, causing him to laugh, "listen, at the party yesterday i was gonna ask you out. do you think you'd maybe be up to get a burger with me?" he asked.

y/n turned to look at her friends, and hawk, who were weirdly already staring at her, "i can't, the cobras are all going out to celebrate. maybe next time though?" he nods at her, saying goodbye before walking off.

"umm, what were you doing talking to river turner?" aisha squeals, walking up to y/n who laughs at her. "he asked me out."

hawk scoffs, his arm wrapped around moon who just looks up at him questioningly. "what?" y/n asked aggressively, stepping forward towards hawk.

"nothing, i just didn't think a guy who looked like that would go for you." he shrugged, taking his arm away from moon's shoulders. "i didn't think any guy would go for you at all." he chuckled.

y/n's mouth slightly opened, a smirk playing on her face when she thought of the perfect comeback. "yeah well i didn't think moon would go for you, you know after she bullied you. newsflash she probably doesn't really like you, just your stupid, stupid hair."

hawk's eyebrows knit together angrily, their friends standing aside and watching. "take that back before i deck you."

"ouu, i'm so scared." y/n spoke, sarcastically leaning back and waving her hands around. "i'd love to see you try." she scoffs.

hawk raises his fist, moving forward trying to make her flinch, but she doesn't. instead she laughs, "you don't scare me."

"come on guys, seriously? we just won! let's go celebrate!" miguel cheered, holding up the trophy.

–time skip–

"y/n/n you should totally go out with river, he's super sweet, and he's had the hots for you for a while now." moon laughs, munching on her fries.

"and he is fine." aisha added, "i don't know, guys. i'm still debating it." y/n shrugged.

a few minutes later y/n stood up from where she sat on the booth, and made her way over to miguel who looked down at his phone, a frown on his face.

"what's wrong, miggy?" she questioned, pulling out one of the stools next to him. "sam, she blocked me." he replied, turning his phone off. y/n rubbed his back comfortingly, "aww, i'm sorry. i know you really like her, but you just won the all valley. cheer up a little."

"el serpiente, there you are." the two teens turn to look at hawk and aisha who are walking over. "this is how you celebrate a first place trophy?" aisha grins. "that victory doesn't matter. she blocked me." miguel sighs.

"so, what happens when you get blocked? you counterpunch. except maybe don't actually hit her this time." y/n glares over at hawk, "what? too soon?"

y/n's phone starts going off, she takes it outta of her hoodie and looks down at it. aunt linda. she had three missed calls already, "shit, i gotta go. give her some time miguel, she'll come around." she hugs her friend quickly before scurrying out of the restaurant and towards her car.

"where have you been?!" "i was out celebrating, we won. what happened?" y/n asks worriedly, walking over to her brother's room.

she reaches the bed where he lays, and she takes his small hand into hers. "he stopped breathing, again. i think it's time to let him go, y/n/n." y/n's head snapped back to look at her aunt. her brother had been in a coma for almost a month now. since he got in the car wreck with their parents, the wreck that killed her parents.

"before you say anything, i know you don't want to, trust me i don't either." the older lady walks over to her niece, holding her face in her hands." but trust me, it's what's best for him, and for us. you know it and i know it, sweetheart."

a loud sobs leaves y/n's lips, tears now streaming down her face uncontrollably. she lets go of her brothers hand, wrapping her arms around her aunt.

the woman rubs her back, "shh, it's okay, let it out. it'll be better for everyone, i promise."

her cries grow louder, as she nods into her aunts shoulder. "he's already gone." y/n cries, "he's been gone this whole time."

"it's okay, it's okay. we'll be here with him. he'll have us here when he crosses over, okay?" y/n nods rapidly, hugging her aunt tighter.

"erica!" aunt linda calls out to the home nurse, who comes as quickly as she's called. "we're ready." the nurse nods, walking over and beginning the process.

"is he hurting?" y/n sniffles, wiping her tears away with the sleeve of her hoodie. "no, not anymore, sweetie." the nurse informs kindly. "when i disconnect the breathing tube he'll breath on his own for a few seconds, and then he'll go." she explains.

both linda and y/n nod, watching it happen as they both go over and grab the small boy's hands in theirs.

''miguel was right,' y/n thought, 'that victory doesn't matter.'

author's note
well that took a turn 😳 tbh idk i just came up with the idea of those events while writing the chapter, i'm thinking of ways i can use that for y/n's character development:)