twelve, not friends

river and y/n sat on her couch in the living room. he cleared his throat before speaking up, "umm, i'm sorry." y/n looked up at him, her eyebrow quirking and waiting for him to say what exactly he was sorry for. "you were right, it was a stupid reason to be mad. i guess i just felt kinda betrayed, you know. it was miyagi-do's biggest shot at gaining more students and cobra kai ruined it."

the girl next to him chewed the inside of her lip, listening to what he had to say. "i mean, it's not like it was my idea, and your sensei totally dissed us in his little dojo promo commercial." she shrugged, "but i understand why you were upset. i'm sorry."

he nodded, a smile on his face. "i really like you, y/n. i don't wanna mess up what we have going on right now."

"yeah, i feel the same way." she grinned. it was silent for another few seconds as y/n began leaning in to kiss river. their lips connected and moved in sync. the kiss, although short lived, was passionate and sweet.

"it's pretty late, so i should probably head home. i'm glad we talked this out though. what do you say; cuddles, snacks, and movies, you and me, tomorrow night?"

"i say it sounds like a great idea." they both stood up and walked towards the front door, "great, then i'll see you tomorrow." river leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"see ya. drive safe." y/n smiled widely, waving as he parted again from her door.

happily, she closed the door and walked back to her room. she grabbed her phone and opened up her messages, remembering she had forgotten to text tory back.

y/n
i know! miguel told me

honestly, it's about time he moved on from sam

glad it's u he's doing it w/ <3

tory
i think i really like him n/n

anyways wanna hang out tomorrow? mall or something

y/n
count me in

she turned off her phone and walked towards her dresser. after picking out some pjs she hopped in the shower and then went off to bed, glad she had finally gotten the annoying thought of hawk out of her mind.

—time skip to the next day—

"y/n, wake up." a light slap on her cheek woke her up. her eyes barely open as she turned to look at the person who lay beside her on her bed. "miguel, what are you doing in here it's like barely light out."

"it's literally one in the afternoon, n/n. it's only dark in here cause of those curtains." miguel laughed deciding to get up and open her curtains.

she groaned and threw a pillow on top of her face at the sudden light pouring through the window.

"tory told me you guys were hanging out today, mind if i join? she doesn't."

"so, if she didn't mind i'm pretty sure you're coming regardless of me minding or not."

"okay, uhm, chill out with the attitude. it's worse then usual." miguel chuckled, "get dressed we're leaving in like twenty minutes."

"well i was having a good dream and you woke me up!" she huffed, causing miguel to laugh again. "yeah, yeah." he mumbled as he walked out of her bedroom.

groaning in annoyance once more she got up anyways. she walked towards the bathroom, quickly washing her face and brushing her teeth.

she then walked back to her room and picked an outfit. after rummaging through her closet for a bit she finally decided on going with black cargo pants, a belt and a few chains hanging on her waist, a black led zeppelin t-shirt, and her black and white platform converse.

she lazily left her hair as it was after having combed it. for makeup she only did her casual look which consisted of a bit of mascara, winged eyeliner, and highlight.

"whatever," she shrugged, checking to see if the wings drawn on her eyelids were even.

"y/n! hurry up, tory's here!" she heard miguel yell from the front door of her apartment. "i'm fucking going hold on!" she yelled back.

she grabbed her phone off her nightstand and her small wallet containing her necessities.

walking out the small apartment she made sure to lock the front door. "jesus, it's as if you can't wait more than fifteen minutes."

tory and miguel laughed at y/n's attitude as they sat in the car waiting for her. as she was about to hop in she noticed the shadow of someone through the window already sitting in the back seat.

she opened the door, rolling her eyes. "what is he doing here."

the boy in the backseat scoffed at her words, flipping her off. she blinked a few times before doing the same back.

"y/n, stop. be nice, he's sad because moon broke up with him last night, he's our frien-"

y/n burst out into laughter, interrupting tory. miguel hid his grin as he looked back at the girl who still stood outside of the vehicle.

"he is not my friend."

"no one wants to be your friend." hawk stated, a look of disgust on his face. "you're annoying, loud, not funny, and not cool." he said, displaying the count of reasons with his fingers.

"dick." y/n mumbled.

"aww, is that what you want from me? all you have to do is ask nicely, l/n." hawk mocked, a smirk on his face.

"can you do me a favor? stop breathing...like forever." y/n spat back as she squinted her eyes.

"guys, oh my god just stop. y/n, get in the car. we're all hanging out and that's that." tory demanded while she turned on her car.

"you heard her." miguel backed her up.

"i do not wanna sit next to this." y/n said, gesturing towards hawk who just laughed.

"the trunk's always available." he said.

"hawk." miguel warned, "both of you need to grow up." he shook his head and turned back to the face the front. "get in the fucking car, n/n."

"fine." y/n whined, getting in and closing the door. she sat as close to the door, and as far from hawk, as possible.

"don't wear a seatbelt." hawk grinned sarcastically at the girl.

"i hope the door opens on the freeway and you fly out." she said back, causing tory and miguel to laugh as the car drove out of the shitty apartment building.

author's note
i honestly did not know what to name this chapter ._.
but i hope you guys like it, and i hope you're enjoying the story! thank you all so much for all the reads, comments, and votes<3!