Chapter 11: The Exes

Start from the beginning

I continue eating until I finish my share of stew and now I'm eating the salad. I know it's kinda weird for me to eat salad after eating stew but whatever. I enjoyed the stew a lot. It's perfect for my taste.

"So, Tiffany?" I look up to see Jessica smirking at me. I raised an eyebrow. I'm sorry I can't help it.

"Is my Taengoo treating you right?" My? My Taengoo? Excuse me? She's not yours!

"Yeah. She's nothing but kind." I replied with a fake smile. I badly wanted to roll my eyes but I gather all the energy to stop myself from doing so.

"How close are you with the girls?"

"Uhhh... We're friends? They're the first people I met in that place."

"You must've heard a lot about me then."

"Yes. Including the fact that Taeyeon is being accused of killing your whole family and kidnapping you is all over the place." I said without a pause.

"Fany." I heard Taeyeon whisper, trying to stop me. Why is she stopping me? Didn't her little Jessica know about this? Aghh! I really wanna roll my eyes.

"Really?" Now, concern is evident on Jessica's eyes. She turn her gaze to Taeyeon. But before she could utter a word, the woman beside me spoke to cut her off.

"It's fine, Sica. I'm not affected from any of it anyways. As long as you're safe." She said very gently. I furrowed my eyebrows. That's how sweet she is huh? Does this mean she still likes Jessica? I remember she said yesterday that she'll do anything to take care of the people she likes.

What's between her and Jessica is different from what we have. It's somehow deeper. And I hate that.

After that, I was silent throughout the lunch with the Jung sisters. Krystal asked me some stuffs after hearing from Taeyeon that I was from Seoul. I gladly talked to her. I don't wanna talk to Taeyeon for the meantime. So everytime she tries to join our conversation, I'm keeping my mouth shut. And everytime she tries to talk to me, I'm pretending to be busy talking to Krystal.

But this woman doesn't know how to give up. She hooked her arm on my waist as she rested her hand on top of my belly like she did from a while ago. I bite my lower lip when I felt her lay her chin on my shoulder, she's staring closely on my side profile.

"Right. I'm not watching this." Jessica turn to her side to watch her sister instead. I pouted. I heard Taeyeon chuckle softly beside my ear.

"How was the score between you and the girl next door?" Taeyeon teased her.

"She's 3 houses away from us, Taeyeon." Jessica glared. "And don't even start with that. She's kinda complicated." She waved her hand as she rolled her eyes in an annoyed manner.

Taeyeon just chuckled before pulling me closer to her. I think this woman is becoming shameless as time goes by. She enjoyed being clingy to me. And she doesn't have a problem to show skinship even though there are people around us. Not that I don't like it, it's just that, I'm kinda shy to let her know that my butterflies in my stomach are going wild each time she touches me.

"Are you mad at me?" She whisper in my ear. As if possessed, I shook my head no.

"Why are you avoiding me?" She once again whispered. I pull away a little to look at her face. She's staring at me. Her eyes is gentle and the features on her face is soft.

"I was annoyed." I said honestly. She raised an eyebrow, not expecting my answer.

"Do you wanna go back to our apartment now?" She asked softly. Our apartment. Why does it sounds so good?