💜Part One💜

⋅⋆ |Present Day| ⋆⋅
⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯ ⋯⋯⋯

You sped along the college campus, your feet moving at a steady pace. Several students passed by you, and it felt as though they seemed just as panicked as you did. After all, it was normal to be anxious when you were running several minutes late for an important class. Glancing at your watch, you groaned after realizing that you were running far more late than you had anticipated.

"Crap!" you huffed, hugging your books tighter to your chest and speeding up your pace further.

If you didn't make it on time, you were definitely going to be locked out.

In the background, you could hear an announcement being broadcasted through the speakers from one of the lecture halls behind you, but you were too preoccupied to stop and listen.

Just then, you abruptly bumped straight into another student, sending you to the ground quicker than you could have blinked. Your books tumbled out of your clasp, leaving most of your papers sprawled out and soiled.

"Oh my goodness, I am so sorry!" a male voice exclaimed, followed by the shadow of the person moving over you, indicating that he had bent down to help you re-organize your things.

Upon looking up, you saw that the male student wasn't someone you had already been introduced to, but he certainly was someone you had seen around the campus before. If your memory had proved correct, he was supposed to be a science student.

"Ah, it's alright," you forced a smile.

You couldn't have been annoyed with him even if you had wanted to. With the way he had been so apologetic, even offering to help you get your things back together, your emotions bore nothing but gratitude - especially since the sudden clash had earned the laughter of a few passing students.

Rude.

"I really should be more observant of where I'm headed," he shook his head as he collected your papers whilst you stacked your books neatly together.

"Don't worry, it's not like any caution is going to help me now," you sighed. "I've already missed fifteen minutes of my fourty-five minute class,"

"Oh," he grimaced. "They...lock late students out after the fifteen minute mark, don't they?" he clearly felt horrible.

"It's fine," you shook your head. "It's not like I wanted to be at class anyway. I must have slept in for a reason," you snorted.

As you did that, the other student unknowingly picked up an A4 sized poster of Michael Jackson, an artist that you adored dearly, and whose music you listened to almost religiously.

It didn't take you long to notice that he had gotten hold of it, making your eyes widen, and your cheeks turn red. No one was really supposed to see that, no one but you.

"Oh," you hastily snatched it from him just as he had begun to get a better look at it. "I'll just...take that," you cleared your throat.

He stared at you, and for a moment you were sure that he was going to erupt into laughter, just as most of your friends had before, when they had first seen it. To your surprise, however, he didn't mock you with laughter.

"You're a fan as well, huh?" he chuckled, shoving his hands into the pockets of his pants.

"Oh..." you trailed off as he studied you intently.

There was something about the way he looked at you, as if he were contemplating something that only he knew.

Finally, after too long of a moment of silence, he spoke again, this time with a bit of a smirk.

"I think I have the perfect way to make it up to you," he nodded. "Make up for ruining your morning, that is," he glanced at his watch as he began to move away from you. "Meet me at the cafe, on campus, in an hour!" he had to raise his voice as he continued to move farther away.

"What?" you gawked at him.

"Just trust me! I need to get to class, but...be there, in an hour, okay?" his smile brightened. "You won't regret it, I promise!"

An elated giggle escaped your lips at the sheer absurdity of it all. It sounded crazy, but the way his eyes glimmered made you want in on whatever he had in mind.

"I don't even know your name!" you laughed in disbelief.

"I'm Aaron!" he laughed right back.

"I'm (Y/N)!" you called in response, still unable to wipe the smile that had plastered itself onto your face.

The fact that whatever he had in mind related to Michael just made things seem even more exciting to you.

"I'll see you in an hour, (Y/N)!"

With that, he slowly disappeared behind the mass of students that moved along in different directions, leaving you both re-energized and intrigued.

You readjusted yourself, securing your belongings again, hoping not to fall into momentary discord again.

In a bid to get out of the building crowds of students, you shifted toward the awning of an empty lecture structure, allowing your thoughts to intensify.

It was strange to think about how quickly he had turned from someone you didn't even know to someone that connected with you over the idol that you'd always kept close to your heart.
Situations like this, as far as you were concerned, only happened in movies and fiction novels - it was far too unrealistic to happen in real life, at least not in the way that it just did.

And that left you wondering...

What did he have in mind?

៚ ⋯⋯⊰☆