Chapter 6

*With Santana*
Santana: "We did this 50 times already. Can I just have a break?"
Rachel: "No. We have to practice."
(Rachel Berry was Santana's singing partner for glee club.)
Santana: "You seriously can't rest your under grown stubby lungs for 2 minutes? Listen Berry, I refuse to do this with you. I'm pulling out of the competition."
The irritated Latina sat down on Rachel's Funny Girl comforter. While Rachel was ranting about how important winning this competition was for her, Santana's phone went off.
Santana: "Hold that thought Yentl.
*Santana on the Phone*
Santana: "Hello?"
???: "You me the fair tonight."
Santana: "Well hello to you too Brittany."
Brittany: "So what do you say?"
Santana couldn't really speak. This was so strange for her. I mean, the most badass person at her Hight School is asking her to go to the fair with her!
Brittany: "C'mon. I don't wanna go with any of my friends because they think it's lame."
(Brittany sighed at embarrassment. Santana found this adorable.)
Santana: "Sure Pierce. Save me from rehearsals with the Jewish midget."
Brittany: "Ok see you soon." (Brittany said laughing.)
Brittany hung up with a huge smile on her face, as she danced around her room.
*At the fair.*
Brittany: "You look really good Lopez." (Brittany flirtatiously nudged Santana's arm.)
Santana: "Thanks. Look Britt... We can't...
(Brittany lowered her head and for the first time she looked vulnerable.)
Santana: "Hey. You ok?" ( Santana scooted closer to her.)
Brittany: "Ya... I'm good."
Santana: "Brittany, are you mad?" (Santana was actually worried.)
Brittany: " No I'm just... I knew that you wouldn't wanna date me. It's just I thought you liked me back." (She tried to keep her voice from quivering.)
Santana: "I do though." (She said looking away.)
Brittany: "No you don't because if you did, you would let me call you babe... Look your the only person I've ever wanted to date in like 2 years."
Santana: "I didn't think you did relationships. Just you know... Sex.
Brittany: "I did because I didn't want to get hurt again." (Brittany lowered her head again.)
Santana: "Again?" (She placed her hand on top of Brittany's.)
Brittany: "I was um engaged."
Santana was speechless...