The door clicked shut and I moved towards the sunny spot. Sitting down on the warm wood of the floor. We weren't to high up, just on the second floor.

I watched the wind blow the branches of the trees in the forest. It's massive, how could I even navigate that?

I relaxed in the delightful sunlight, not enough to let myself shift to enjoy it more, but enough to ease the tightness in my body.

The sound of writing and thumping from Danny at the desk growing annoying. His constant finishing up of letters, wax sealing them, then piling them.

I shook off my urge to sleep in the sunlight and stood up, choosing to explore while I'm allowed to do what I want.

I held my breath as I walked out in the open in front of the desk, as if it'd give me some kind of invisibility. On the other side of the room, there was 2 large bookshelves.

Behind Danny there seemed to be some potted plants, some interesting metal contraption and some other things I couldn't see. I tiptoed past him and looked at everything.

I examined a small set of drawers before looking away to a shelf with various pretty objects.

Something moved and caught my attention, I peaked at the shelf closer as a little black fly buzzed and rubbed its feet. The sight exciting me.

I always loved chasing bugs, I didn't try to kill them, but the chasing part was fun. I cupped my hands and slowly tried to snatch it up.

How does a fly get in here?

It flew away to quick and I followed it, trying to control my excitement. Make sure Danny didn't notice.

It landed on the drawers, I tried to catch it again. It flew upwards away from my fast moving hands. I huffed my annoyance. Trying to catch it mid air.

It avoided my attempts, what a crafty creature. I tried to jump and catch it as it flew higher. If I were alone I would have shifted by now.

The fly easily buzzed out my reach, I followed it back to the shelf as it landed once more. Why do these creatures torment me so.

It easily evaded another swipe. The excitement purred through me as my grabbing hands became faster and messier.

Gotcha! Wait no!

My hand collided with something, knocking it towards the big window. I dove for it, tripping over my feet and catching it.

I landed on my side and crashed into the wall right next to the window with a loud crash.

"Maya!" Snapped Danny, I froze and looked at him anxiously. He had now turned around to give me an unamused look. I quickly sat up and hugged the object to me, worried about my punishment.

"Be careful. You can get hurt, this room isn't made for play" he scolded. But he said I can do whatever.

He shook his head, and sighed.

"I didn't break anything" I mumbled, watching him carefully.

"Maya. You will do as your told" he reminded me, I turned my gaze to the object I held. It was a music box, several small shiny jewels lined the wooden lid.

My eyes misty as I felt sadness fill my heart. The one time I let myself have a bit of fun and now that's forbidden to.

I moved to stand, watching the traitorous fly land on the desk as if to torm-

Slam, Danny easily smashed and killed the bug with an open palm. I sniffed and put the music box back, moving for the large book shelves. I sat between them, easily concealed in my terrible hiding spot.