Chapter 46 - Thomas, Parker, and Thompson.

Start from the beginning

When Seven walked into her fourth period gym class she was immediately grabbed and pulled to the side. Without thinking she grabbed their wrist and swept their leg from underneath them, easy to do as they were unprepared. When the person was on the floor and groaning she could finally make out that it was Peter who had leapt onto her.

"Peter" She hissed, "What the hell are you doing?" 

"Sorry Ven" He groaned as she slid down the wall to sit next to him. "I forgot how jumpy Russian spies can be"

Seven wasn't used to the polo shirts and shorts that she had to wear for gym and she felt exposed without the presence of her layers and bag, she found herself reaching for her necklace more than usual.

The class seemed to be sitting around and waiting for the teacher to arrive so no one was paying any attention to them.

"Of course I'm jumpy" She fired back, "I don't know anyone here"

"Where were you?" Peter asked and she raised an eyebrow, indicating that she had no clue what he was going on about. "At break? In the cafeteria? You said you would meet me there and now MJ thinks I'm going insane and talking about someone who doesn't exist" He rolled his eyes.

"Who's MJ?" Seven asked, completely forgetting about the question.

"Seven?" He asked again,

"Oh right, well Mr James asked me to come back and talk to him, tell him about how I was finding it here" She rambled, "Nothing interesting"

"Why didn't you text me?" He sounded genuinely confused as to why that wasn't her first thought.

"Text you how?"

"With... your phone?" He stated obviously.

"Oh, I still don't know how to use it, the only app I can use is Spotify but I don't know what music I like so I'm just listening to everything"

"Right well remind me to teach you how to use it. Come on, class is starting" he pointed to the short man who had appeared and was taking attendance before pulling her up to her feet and dragging her over to sit down.

"Who's MJ?" She asked again.

"Alright, everyone!" The teacher called out and everyone instantly hushed, the mumbling and conversations stopping. "Today we are doing track, I'm going to put you in groups of three and you'll need to head out to the track. Same thing as always, grab your stopwatches and paper" 

Seven sat quietly as the names were called, for any other new student this would seem like a great opportunity for them to branch out and make friends but Seven didn't see it that way. The closer she got to new people the more likely she would put them in danger with her complicated family and living situation and even more complicated past. Besides, she had Peter and that was all she needed.

Thankfully, she didn't need to worry about having to talk to new people. Not so thankfully, Flash was in her group.

"Flash, Peter, and new girl Seven" The man called out, "They'll tell you what to do." 

Seven watched as Peter visibly deflated as the names were called out and as he anxiously watched Flash who groaned as Peter's name was called but high-fived his friends as hers was called. 

"C'mon Parker let's go" Flash called over as he grabbed the stopwatch and notepad and jogged out the door.

Seven could tell that there was something going on with him as they walked the few minutes to the track lanes, Flash jogging way ahead of them.