Chapter 46 - Thomas, Parker, and Thompson.

Start from the beginning

"Well Eugine, I'm tougher than I look" She replied, swinging the bag further onto her right shoulder and walking away, leaving him to run to catch up.

"Flash" He called after her, "I said to call me flash" 

"Oh yeah," She smiled, "I must have forgotten. If you just show me where my geography class is then I think I can figure the rest out"

"You sure? It's a big school and you'll probably get lost"

"I'm sure" She replied, "I have a friend here so if I get lost then I'll ask them for directions" 

"Okay then, I have geography too so we can go together," Flash said and Seven wanted to groan, she wanted to get rid of this idiot before she lost any more brain cells talking to him. She could almost feel Flash walking closer to her as the other students piled out of their classrooms, as if he wanted to be seen with her. 

Seven walked as fast as possible to get away from Flash as they entered the geography classroom. Turns out that the humanities classrooms were on the complete opposite end of the school and Flash had taken the long way round to try to spend more time with her. 

Seven dropped her head down as the whole class watched the two walk in, some stares were on Flash as he announced his arrival and fist-bumped his friends for no apparent reason. Other eyes were on the unfamiliar red-headed girl who walked quietly and took a seat in the only other free chair, pulling out a pen and a notepad from her bag as she sat down. 

The teacher was a gloomy woman with a sour expression and Seven listened quietly as she started reading names for attendance. 

Nothing piqued her interest until one name was called, 'Ned' and Seven couldn't help but remember when Peter and herself were in the plane hangar and he had mentioned his friend Ned from school. The boy who answered was sat directly next to her and upon analysing his body language Seven knew he was trying his hardest not to stare at her. 

He was wearing a science pun shirt and had brown floppy hair that was styled into some sort of curtain look, he didn't seem threatening. 

Seven didn't talk to him but instead went back to staring ahead at the teacher and answering when her name was called last, as a new addition until she was confirmed into her classes and could be placed alphabetically. 

She gritted her teeth as all eyes turned to look at her and she made sure not to shrink under their gaze and instead stare back. Any people who hadn't realised she was new when she walked into the classroom definitely knew now.

"Seven Thomas, welcome to MidTown, I'm sure all the students here will make you feel very welcome. Would you like to stand up and say a few things about yourself?" The way the woman spoke seemed as if she had never been friendly one day in her life and therefore did not know how to even fake it. The words came out forced and strained and the smile that was just slightly too big didn't help it either.

Seven didn't want to stand up and have everyone's eyes follow her, and she most definitely didn't want to talk about herself, she didn't even know what she would say if she did want to talk. 

Seven didn't realise that when the teacher was asking her to stand up and talk about herself, it wasn't a question and more of an order so she shook her head and said, "no thanks" instead. 

"Really?" The teacher asked, confusion and annoyance clear on her face. Seven didn't understand why she would be confused. "I'm sure your classmates would love to know some things about you"

"I'm sure they would" Seven agreed. 

A moment passed where all students continued to stare at the hero until it was apparent that Seven had no interest in talking about herself and exchanging pleasantries so the teacher began the lesson.