v.

Jonathan Gilbert was smart and charming and Sanlea liked him. He was nice and made Pearl believe in love again.

Life had grown good, or, as good as it could become surrounded by murderers and thieves.

Sanlea, because of the spell, now appeared her natural immortal age of fifteen and had recently become friends with Stefan as well as Damon. Katherine showed up not long after and after growing used to her Sanlea found herself enjoying her presence. Emily had become like an older sister to her and her family was happy.

-- -- -- -- --

"Hello?" A familiar voice called out.

Today had been like most others but this day would be engrained in Sanlea's mind as the day everything started to head down hill.

"Miss Honorary," Sanlea greeted with a polite smile, as the Fell entered the Apothecary, "How can we help you today?"

"I need to speak with your mother, is she in?" Honorary wondered.

"Yes, I'll go get her," Sanlea smiled and moved to the back, "Mama, Honorary Fell is here to see you."

"I'll speak with her," Pearl kissed her daughter's temple, "Stay back here."

Honorary Fell set the case of vials she had onto the counter before Pearl.

"An elixir?" Pearl wondered, Sanlea watching through a crack in the wall.

"I would like for you to sell this at a reduced rate," Honorary declared.

"Of course," Pearl dipped her head in understanding.

Once Honorary and Pearl discussed the details and the human left Pearl inspected the vials. Frowning she poured a bit onto the back of her hand, gasping in pain as her hand began to smoke. She looked up in alarm and hurriedly wrapped her hand, hiding it from view in case anyone walked in.

"Mama?" Sanlea asked worriedly.

Pearl, retreating into the back of the shop unwrapped her hand and showed her daughter her burned, red flesh. Protectiveness and anger swelled within Sanlea but she forced it down to gingerly apply a healing ointment to her hand; to avoid detection Pearl, Sanlea and Harper hadn't had as much blood as they were used to (Katherine's killings were catching too much attention) and thus took longer to heal.

"Vervain," Sanlea frowned.

"I think it's time I had a chat with Katherine," Pearl sighed..

"Mama...we both know you can't convince her to stop," Sanlea said.