Chapter Sixteen - Accidentally Kiss Turns Sweeter

A booming sound was made as they landed on each other. Lights out, moon-stone bats were flying out as they were screaming. Tao fled back and fell to the ground. Sun Hei felt her lips pressing on something soft. She opened her eyes and realized she was kissing Li Jie, who stared at her in shock. She pulled back quickly, blushing. "I didn't mean to ..." She started and gulped. "You know what I mean, Li Jie."

"Is this an apologize, I hear, or a confession of your plots that didn't turn out well?" He asked, smirking.

Sun Hei blushed, "Don't be so cocky!" she pushed him back, but he pulled her onto him.

"You're not going anywhere, Sun Hei. You think I don't know about your honey trap, Little Lady," Li Jie said.

"What! You knew! How?" Sun Hei asked.

"I'm not telling," Li Jie teased.

"You better!" Sun Hei said, shaking his shoulders.

"Ah! Sun Hei, stop, let me go now!" Li Jie said.

"No, not unless you tell me!" Sun Hei yelled.

Li Jie smirked, "Okay then," he disappeared into her body.

"Where did he go?" Sun Hei questioned. And he reappeared behind her and embraced her from behind. "I got you now!" he laughed.

"What! Li Jie! How did you do that?" She asked.

"It's a secret, Sun Hei. If I told you, I wouldn't be able to keep you safe anymore," Li Jie said, leaning his face in the nape of her neck.

"Li Jie....what are you doing now? Get off me," Sun Hei said.

"You smell like plum blossoms and red lotus flowers; these are my favorite flowers. That's why I think you are special," Li Jie smirked.

"Special? Because I carry the scent of your favorite flowers? I'm just an average woman seeking adventure on my own. I don't need a man's fantasy or desire," Sun Hei smiled.

"But you're the treasure I desire the most in all the realms," Li Jie said honestly.

"I belong to no one; now release me, Li Jie," Sun Hei demanded.

"Where's my please?" Li Jie teased her and blew onto her cheek.

"I don't have it. Now, let me go before I set you on fire, Li Jie," Sun Hei warned.

"Cool it, Sun Hei. No need to get violent now. I'll release you if you can answer my question," Li Jie said.

"And what's that?" Sun Hei asked.

Li Jie turned her face to his face, and asked, "Do you like me? Or do you prefer Prince Yang-Feng as your husband?"

She was at a loss for words; her cheeks heated up with blushes as she looked away. "Why are you asking me this?"

"Just answer my question, Sun Hei. Is it me or Yang-Feng?" Li Jie asked seriously. He faced her.

Sun Hei's face was blushing close to his as he held her face in his hands.

She blushed, "I don't know."

"Liar," Li Jie said and kissed her.

Sun Hei was caught off guard by his kiss as her heart raced to the finish line as he pulled away. She wanted more, "Don't go," she kissed him back.

Their hot steamy kiss warmed up the entire tunnel, waking up Tao. They stopped and stared at each other, smiling.

"I like you more," Sun Hei admitted.

"I figured you would because I felt the same way about you for a very long time, Sun Hei," Li Jie answered, kissing her forehead.

Sun Hei blushed, "I'm glad.'