№ 1

The girl with dark hair ran through the crowded streets, her light eyes filled with panic. She bumped  into people, ignoring the crude remarks yelled to her, simply uttering an inaudible apology and kept running.   

The dirty, city snow seeping into her worn down shoes, which she could not afford to replace. The cold air entered her lungs, giving her a pained feeling in her chest, feet tripping over her remaining steps, leading her to the polluted air of the cities underground transportation. 

She swiped her little yellow card quickly, hoping that the machine would beep and let her through. The machine failed to make the obnoxious sound. But she had no time. The girl with the dark hair and light eyes squeezed herself between the gates allowing herself through, not caring that she didn’t pay to get home this time. 

Continuing to race tiredly through groups of strangers, getting to the next flight of stairs to reach her destination, the girl with dark hair and light eyes saw her way home was arriving. As the girl got to the bottom of the stairs, she may not have noticed but, a beautiful boy watching her through the dirty and scratched windows of the subway. 

He glowed like the sun in a summer sky compared to his dirty and dark surroundings. He then noticed the girl was trying to get on the same train as he. Quickly he got up and used his long stride to get to the door. Watching her run for the big metal doors as he stuck his foot in between them, preventing them from finally closing and preventing the beautiful girl with dark hair and light eyes from being locked out. 

The skinny girl, for the second time today, squeezed through the small space and was able to catch her breath. The beautiful boy sat next to her admiring her features, light eyes meeting his. She finally got to actually look at him. His dark hair was much like hers with the exception of a few shades lighter. His eyes were pale green, staring back at her.

“Why are you wearing a blue flannel?” 

The boy paused. He looked down at what he was wearing and looked back up to her. “Well, I was feeling a bit blue today.” 

Hesitant to respond, she managed to ask, "Why not red?" 

He looked at her closely. The mood shifted, it almost seemed as if the boy was offended. "Well. Do you see me as someone who would follow a mainstream trend?”

She was looking down to see his short brown boots, much like hers, with holes here and there, his tight black jeans with a rip in one of the knees, and finally her gaze landed on the blue flannel. She sat puzzled, looking away from him, not speaking another word.

 A breath catches her attention, she turned to face the beautiful boy grinning to himself. She looked at him almost as if to ask why he was laughing. "You know what I find funny?" Her eyebrows raised curiously. "That you've been sitting here trying to figure me out."

He was right. She couldn't figure him out. He had pale green eyes, brown curls, and chapped pink lips. She noticed his cross tattoo next to his thumb and the two rings on his fingers. Then, she saw the blue flannel that her mind was stuck on. He had a personality that she couldn't piece together, she couldn't figure out if he was sweet or rude, but she knew just by looking at him he was beautiful and she was intrigued.

She tucked her long dark hair behind her ear, she sat up a little more straightening her posture. “Would you mind if I asked for your name?"  A smile grew on his face as the subway came to a stop. The car doors opened and people began to pile in and squeeze out. 

"See you around." The beautiful boy stood up, and made his way to the exit. The last she saw of him was his blue flannel.

THIS LITERALLY TOOK US FOUR DAYS TO WRITE LOL. FEEDBACK WOULD BE GRATELY APPRECIATED. PLEASE IGNORE ANY SPELLING MISTAKES OR GRAMMER MISHAPS AND MAKE SURE TO TELL US IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT! ILY ILY ILY 

~STYLES | HORAN | AND | TOMLINSON