Chapter 16: The Yule Ball

Start from the beginning

We all slid on our dresses, put on our heels. I placed on a necklace my parents got me for my birthday present.

 I placed on a necklace my parents got me for my birthday present

This is what I imagine the dress looking like.

I checked the time and it was 7:45pm I had to be there in five minutes. Me and Hermione walked down the steps. We were about to turn the corner when I noticed Cedric standing waiting for me.

"You go first" Hermione said.

I slid gracefully down the steps, slowly and elegantly. Cedric was open-mouthed and staring at me.

"You look beautiful y/n" he said, barely stringing the sentence together.

"Thank you Cedric. You look very handsome" I replied.

Hermione came down soon after me, Viktor Krum was also open mouthed. She smiled at me with a happy expression.

"Champions please get in formation" called McGonagall.

Fleur and her date Rodger Davies stood in front. Hermione and Viktor where behind them. Me and Cedric stood behind Hermione and Viktor with Harry and Parvati Patil in the back.

Cedric held his arm out and I took it ready to walk in. The doors to the great hall opened and we all walked in. Everyone was staring at me and whispers among the crowd.

I noticed George and Lee giving me a thumbs up and Fred stood there open mouthed, but Angelina soon stopped him.

Me and Cedric took our formations. Cedric took my waist and I took his shoulder. Our free hands were interlocked. The music soon started and we danced elegantly. I've never felt so good I was dancing with a Hogwarts champion. We were doing it perfectly.

Everyone else started dancing to. Cedric lifted me up. I saw Fred dancing with Angelina but still looking at me. We danced for the whole song and stepped out to get some punch with him.

Fred's POV:

I stood in the entrance hall to wait for Angelina although I hoped to get a glimpse of y/n. I planned to apologise tonight and I had another idea in mind

Angelina walked down the steps. She wore a navy blue skin tight dress. She looked very pretty but I imagined myself waiting for y/n

"You look wonderful Freddie" she said to me with a smile on her face.

"Thank you Angie, you look nice to" I replied.