43%

"Hi babes." Cal said as we entered the flat. "Hi." I smiled at him. That's when he realised I wasn't alone. "And hi Simon?" he said more like a question.
"Hi mate, sorry to bother you. Can we talk quickly?" Simon looked my way and said: "Alone?"
"Jesus, okay I'm gone." I went to my room.
I wanted to eavesdrop but I decided against it.
Around ten minutes passed and I heard a knock on my door.
"I'm leaving, if you ever need help at the bar again let me know." Simon smiled.
"Thank you, I will." then he left.

"You still awake?" Few moments later Cal walked in. "Yes, I am."
"Wanna watch a film?" "I'd love to." I told Cal.
After scrolling through Netflix for what felt like an hour we finally decided on Black Mirror Bandersnatch. Once Cal pressed play we made ourselves comfortable, Cal was holding me in his arms. Each time we could make a decision we debated it.
"Well that was stressful, if I'm being honest."
"Yeah, that was a lot." Cal agreed.
"I'm going to sleep now love." Cal got up and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I try to hide my embarrassment and wished him a good night and went to bed as well. Before falling asleep I got on my phone. I couldn't get Simon's account out of my head.
I saw that he had uploaded a story on it. Out of curiosity I clicked on it:

"Yo what's up guys. I'll be live streaming on twitch tomorrow again and I also have a surprise so be sure to tune in at 2pm tomorrow. Peace."
No idea what he was talking about but I realised I was smiling at his story. It was a side of Simon I hadn't seen before, he seemed confident.
I clicked on one of his posts.
39'956 comments
I was scrolling through all the comments, every single one of them was a woman that either put hearts or eyes under his post. It made me feel some type of way.
I shared his own post to his private account.

Elle_Wright: So you have proper fangirls then?
Simon_Minter7: 90% of my viewers are female
Elle_Wright: Mental. Didn't know you were a player
Simon_Minter7: far from that, I could use some lessons on how to speak to women
Elle_Wright: I'm sure that's not true
Simon_Minter7: It actually is. Anyways stop stalking my profile!

Elle_Wright: Don't worry about me. Night Minter ;)
He liked my message and that's where the conversation ended.

The next morning I woke up because I heard noises in the kitchen.
I get up and see Cal looking lost in front of the stove. "What's going on?" I smile at him.
"Oh Elle sorry I didn't want to wake you up." he said. "Don't worry. You seem lost." I smirk.
"Yeah I could swear I put the big pan in this drawer." he scratched his head.
"I don't know where it is either, sorry."
"Weird." he muttered under his breath.

Today would be a big inspection at Wired. Some guys from the government will take a look at the bar to check if all regulations are kept.
"Elle, I'm off." Cal said. Where was he going? He saw my confused face and answered my questions without me having to ask.
"I have a job interview."
"Good luck." I nodded and then he left. I decided to text my dad.

Big day today at Wired! :)

Almost immediately I got an answer:
Yes, I will join you at around 10pm, the inspection starts at 10:30

Great see you then!

I walked across to check on Tobi. "Hi bestie." He greeted me back.
"How are things?" "Very good" he answered.
"Wanna grab a bite?"
"I'd love to but.." the doorbell rang, "I invited Simon over."
"Oh, I understand." I tried not to seem disappointed, Simon was at Tobi's quite a lot. I get that he was helping him with YouTube so I don't want to throw a fit and make a rude impression.
"Well I don't want to intrude then." I said while turning to leave.
"Wait." Tobi said. He opened the door.
"Hi Minter." Tobi saluted him and they did a very cringy handshake.
"Are you down to come eat with Elle and me?"
"Of course." he said.
I guess that works as well. I need to remind Tobi that we need to spend some quality time again though only the two of us.
"Alright, I just need to change and then I'm ready." I told the boys.
I open the door to my flat and text Cal saying:

Hey, I'm leaving to eat with Tobi and Simon just to let you know.
Good luck again! You'll smash it xx :)

I dressed casually and joined my two friends outside the door.
"Where to?" Tobi asked.
"Nobu please." Simon begged.
"Expensive taste I see." I joked.
"Shut up." Simon said.
My phone vibrated, Cal had answered:

Thank you love! xx

I caught myself smiling at my screen just because of a simple text.

Finding seats is impossible." I complained.
"Jason hey!" Simon waved at one of the waiters.
"Simon my man!" they greeted each other.
"Do you happen to have free seats for us three?" Simon asked pointed at Tobi and I.
"Always for you." Jason said.
"Follow me." he led us into what seemed a separated area.
"All yours." He pointed to a large free table.
"Thank you!" Simon pated him on the shoulder.
Tobi and I both had an impressed expression on our face.
"He is an old family friend." Simon explained while sitting down in front of me.
I nod.

We ordered and our meals have just arrived.
"This looks so delicious!" My mouth was already watering.
"I can't wait, enjoy your meal everyone!" Simon exclaimed with a huge smile on his smile, he looked so happy. "Something on my face?" he asked me and I blushed embarrassed.
"Yes an unusual smile."
"Are you trying to say I'm not a happy person?"
"That is exactly what I'm trying to say." I smirked at him.
"You seem happy with us." Tobi said. "I am." Simon confirmed looking at me.

"I believe fish are aliens." Simon said. The three of us were in a deep conversation about different conspiracy theories. Tobi and I laughed at his statement.
"Simon we are eating at Nobu." Tobi said.
"I know this but I'm not eating any fish, my sushi has cucumbers and avocados in it on purpose."
"Can fish aliens now control me since I ate some?" I ask just to take the piss out of Simon.
"Very funny." he rolled his eyes.

After we fought about who was going to pay Simon insisted. I HATE when people spend any kind of money on me so I purposely acted annoyed towards him. We had left the restaurant at this point and were back on the way to our flat.
"C'mon Elle don't act like this." Simon said giving me a nudge.
"Oh Simon you don't understand, she hates when people spend money on her." Tobi defended me. "Next time I'm paying and that's final!" I warned Simon, he puts both his arms up in defence: "Yes madame."

------------------------------------

Votes

Comments

Reads

xoxo Lara