Chapter 32: Breaking tradition

A/N Cheer, for I have brought you more Myles x Curtis content!

Curtis POV

School is now cancelled as the Kingdom is now in a mourning period after the King's death. So, all of the students returned home. At first I thought it would be a good time to catch up with my family, but it seems my parents are way too busy these days.

Well, what would you expect, the Kingdoms officials are in a panic since the King has just died, and it's obvious that the Demon King used this as a declaration of war. My dad is a general so my family is in charge of a large portion of an army, so of course my parents are bombarded with meeting between the noble families, trying to collect themselves so that they can crown a new King and get back on their feet.

I was walking downstairs, when my parents walk through the front door, seeming to be done with yet another meeting.

"Welcome back." I say politely.

"It's good to be back." My father chuckles. People say that me and father are very similar, we both have that characteristic red hair, although fathers had started to grow white from all the stress, I had mothers brown eyes, but mine and my father's faces were pretty similar. I could not say the same for our personalities though. I had always enjoyed laughing a lot and being smiley, but my father rarely smiled, showing a stoic face most of the time, the only laugh he could do was a little chuckle.

"Seriously, these meeting tire me out, it's only been a few weeks and we've already had 5, and it doesn't look like it's stopping." He sighed.

We all sat down in the living room and I listened as mother and father complained about how the meetings. To be honest I am quite bored, at school there was at least someone I could talk to, or there was always something to do, but at home, I have no choice but to sit around.

"Son, you must be pretty bored, with Ceil being at the castle all the time, it's a shame you don't have any more friends, huh." My father said sighing. I felt a heavy feeling in my stomach. Yeah.. it's a shame.

"Ah! I just remembered, guess who I had to sit next to in today's meeting!" My father said in an angry tone. Oh no, here it comes.....

"That stupid Windstone!" He raised his voice. "We hadn't seen him in a while so I had forgotten how arrogant they were!" My father scoffed.

"I swear, they didn't even greet us properly!" My mother commented.

My parents went on, I sat there, trying to keep my expression calm. Windstone, Myles' family, is another General family, but they are more of the ones that focus on strategy instead of army strength. The Hellwigs and Windstones have hated each other for decades, and it hasn't changed in my fathers generation. I used to have a bad impression of them from all my fathers rambling, but then everything changed when I met Myles.

It was a sunny day, I was about 9 when my family wanted to take me out to a town festival, but somehow, we got separated, and I was lost........

Great, just great, I'm lost, I've never been here before, how do I get back?  I sat down in a dark corner of the street, hugging my knees. I was never good in situations like these....

"Hey." I heard a voice above me say. I looked up, and a boy my age, his green hair reaching his shoulders, looking down at me in concern. Even without ever meeting him, I knew who he was. I was warned by father of how not to talk to the Windstone family.

I glared at the boy. "What is it?"

"What are you doing? Are you lost?" He asked.

I clicked my tongue, "Of course I'm not lost. What are YOU doing here, Windstone?" I said, scoffing. Father told me not to get involved with the Windstones because they are all arrogant pricks.

"Ugh, you Hellwigs are all the same, judging someone without knowing anything, bunch of ignorant brutes." The boy scoffed.

"Hey!" I jumped up. "You're doing the same thing! Idiot!"

"Huh? I came up to you hoping to help, but you just insulted my family."

"I didn't-" I was about to yell back, when a shadow appeared behind us. I turned around to find it was a middle aged man with a kind smile.

"Hello, are you lost? Your parents are looking all over for you, let me take you to them."  The man smiled. Ah, finally, I can get back home.

"Yeah! Please take me to them!" I responded. The man was about to reach for my arm, when I was suddenly grabbed from behind and was dragged away from him. It was the boy.

"HEY! Are you kidnapping me?! I was about to find my parents!" I yelled at him until we reached to a stop. I was flicked on the forehead.

"Idiot. That man was trying to kidnap you. Are you that dense? How could you just follow any random person who says they will take you to your parents?!" He yelled.

"Well... I didn't know what.."

"Your parents need to teach you stranger danger for once." He scoffed. The boy turned around and was about to leave when I grabbed him by the shirt.

"hm?" He turned around, confused.

"Please don't leave! I really don't know where my parents are! And what if someone tires to kidnap me again!?" I pleaded.

"Ugh, you really are stupid. Fine." He reluctantly agreed.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

And so we continued walking through the town, looking for my parents. During that time I found out the boys name was Myles, and I laughed for a while about how weird it was spelled, which Myles wasn't very happy about.

He said he also came to see the festival, but, in his words, "I'm smart enough to be let wander around on my own, unlike you."

Despite the constant mean comments, Myles didn't seem that bad, I could tell he doesn't really mean his comments, and that made it even more entertaining to talk to him.

But, the fun soon ended when we were found by our families. When my mother finally saw me she rushed to my side and hugged me, saying "Oh, I'm so glad your ok, I hope you weren't scared!"

When she finally noticed Myles meeting up with his family, my mother shot a glare at Myles' father. Our families looked like they would start a fight any second now.  I tried to get a word in, saying that Myles didn't do anything, but my father told me to be quiet and we left.

I was dragged by my mothers hand away, and I couldn't help look back at Myles. I noticed him mouthing the words, 'tomorrow, here.' and then walking away. I smiled lightly.

I got a hell of a talk when I got home. My father and mother telling me to never interact with Myles ever again. I tried tp explain that he's not a bad person, but they wouldn't listen and told me if I ever talk to that boy again, they would get mad.

I realized then that I would not be able to change my parents mind on Myles. I bet Myles is also getting the same talk as I am right now......

Even so, we met up tomorrow, and then after tomorrow, and months went by, as we met up in town secretly, under the guise of finding a new friend group. Any time our families were at the same place, we would act like we don't know each other, while also making faces across the room from each other.......

Years go by, and I still haven't told them. They're dislike of The Windstones grew even more over these years..... I fear for the day I will be forced away from Myles......

A/N Um, I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that this is an Allen POV chapter, as i put 'Curtis POv' at the top of the page, and described Curtis' life....

I'm very confused as to how you got to that conclusion as I have read this chapter multiple time bc u freaked me out....(I'm saying this in a half joking hatter, don't take it to heart)