Chapter 22: Captured

My immediate response was to push him away using wind magic. He stumbled back enough for me to slip by and start running away.

The servant followed. And again, because of my frail body, he was catching up. i ran through the hallway. I knew this castle well enough to know where I was running. I was hoping I would lead him to a place with a lot of guards, who would be able to hold him back.

Demons are strong, yes, but those were trained knights. I turned the corner, and he was still chasing me. He leapt to the ground, trying to catch my leg, when he couldn't he took his knife and slashed my leg.

I couldn't afford to stop, so even though I was going through the most painful experience in my life right now, I ran and I ran, until I stumbled upon the many 'traps' scattered around here, which were just a group of knights that were told to look out for anyone dangerous.

They saw me running for me life, I ran behind them, and hid behind them like a shield, I wanted to tell them that there is someone dangerous coming, but I was too out of breath to say anything.

The servant came the corner and seemed to realise his mistake. He tried to run away, but the guards were already running. The servant got tied up tight, and I managed to get some words out. "Tha...t is.....a...de...mon, call......Prince......"before I fell to the ground, my leg no longer able to hold me up. I leaned my head against the wall. The adrenaline was wearing off and I was in so much pain, I just wanted to lay down and die.

The guards nodded, dragging the demon with them to the jail. Another went to call Ceil.

After a short while, Ceil was rushing to the hallway, his face full of shock and fear. There was already a pool of blood near my leg, it seemed the cut the demon made was deep.

Ceil didn't hesitate to pick me up behind my knees. "Wait!" I said nervously. This kind of position is too embarrassing for me. Ceil didn't acknowledge me and just kept walking, "Stop fussing, you're hurt and can't walk." He said

And with that I just I let myself relax a bit, knowing I'll be in safe hands. My adrenaline has disappeared, and the exhaustion from running and blood loss lead me to fall unconscious.

————————————————————————

I woke up in the castle's medical centre, Alice sitting in a chair next to my bed. "Oh, you're awake." She sat up and sat up to inform the nurse.

The nurse reapplied my bandages and gave me some medicine, and told me I'd had to stay in the hospital for a few days before I can finally move around.

"Thank god you made it to the trap, and, although I hate to say it, came back with mild injuries." She said solemnly. It's true, the demon could have killed me if I didn't lead him to a trap.

We talked for a bit before Alice went home. When she opened the door, just right outside Ceil was standing, presumably waiting for me and Alice to finish talking.

"Do you feel alright?" Was the firs thing he said to me when he came into the room.

"Well, the nurse gave me some pain medicine I feel alright. It still hurts though." I said. "What happened with that demon?"

"Well," Ceil sat down on the chair Alice was sitting in. "We questioned him, and the information that we got was the same as you told us it would be. At least my father now knows about this, so that we can finally start doing something about it. When are they going to appear again?" He asked.

"The end of the semester." I said with a serious look. Things are not looking good for us right now. We still have some time before the first ambush on their part. What we need to do is prevent the war from ever happening. This is something that I can't just use my game knowledge on it and get out of the situation, because this was never in the game.

Ceil saw the conflicted look on me and put his hand on mine. "You can trust my father. He is a very smart king, and now, thanks to you, we know a lot more about the organization then before." He smiled. Heat rose to my cheeks, and I nodded, trying to act normal.

"Now," Ceil put his head on my forehead and pushed me against the blanket, "rest."