sambucky and stony plus reader

Warnings: language, fighting, and injuries

*fanart above is not mine seen it in google images*

*published in my other book I didn't steal it*

Word count: about 6500

POV 3rd person

Sam and Bucky were in love. No one knew, not even them. They didn't realize they had fallen for each other. How could they have? They were always fighting. Just like two other men on the team. Steve and Tony. 

Steve and Tony, however, their feelings for each other were as clear as a cloudless summer's day. The whole team could see that they loved each other a lot. But, yet, they never would admit it or ever think of dating each other. 

Why would Stony not become real? Well, even though they didn't talk about it they both knew that it would cause problems. Become a distraction in the field. What if the other got hurt. It was simple, they bury their feelings in pretend hatred and fighting. It helped them in the field. It helped them when people would flirt with the other. They just pretend to hate the other.

Sam started to notice how he would prefer to be teamed with Bucky. How he preferred to be there next to him if something bad was to happen, he was there to protect Bucky. He noticed how at night when everyone was sleeping and Bucky would start having nightmares he was the first one by his side. Helping him remember that he is no longer under Hydra's control. How he is No longer the Winter Solider. How he was James 'Bucky' Barnes and he was safe. He also noticed that holding onto Bucky while he was claiming him down was something he enjoyed.

Bucky also started to notice similar things. He wanted to be paired up with Sam on missions. How he wanted to be the one protecting the man with the metal wings. How Sam was normally the one by his bed at night waking him from his nightmares. How hearing Sam's voice helped him, grounded him when he first woke up. How he would relish in the feeling of Sam holding him tight. How he felt so safe. Sam would always say he was safe because they were in the Avenger's tower but Bucky didn't feel safe in the tower, he felt safe because he was in Sam's gentle and caring embrace.

A few weeks have gone by and they both act like the things that happen at night, the way Sam holds Bucky, and how they have even fallen asleep in the other's arms, they act like it doesn't happen. Like it wasn't as big of a deal as it was. They continued like normal. 

At least they had thought they did. The Team has seen the looks and the smiles and the closeness. They have seen how they reminded them of Steve and Tony. How they would only pretend to hate the other. How they would gaze lovingly at the other when they weren't looking. How they longed to be around one another. How despite the way they would talk shit about the other they are always the first to defend the other. 

The team didn't know how or why their feeling changed and they didn't plan on asking. They knew asking would only bring denial of said feelings just like they did with Steve and Tony. They also knew that just like them they would most likely never let themselves be together, scared of the 'what ifs'.

That is until one day when the team needed some extra help on a very dangerous mission and had asked Fury for some of his top agents. Fury surprisingly had a whole team. They were like the Avengers. But they didn't have any special abilities, no suits, no Gods, no science experiment gone wrong, and no super-soldier serum. They were basically Natasha and Clint. Humans who are highly trained in hand-to-hand combat and masters with all different types of weapons. Apparently, Fury had a few teams like this at S.H.I.E.L.D. and this team was one of the first put together. So, luckily they were already well established and not new.

The team of agents has seven people on it. Dave, the team leader, (y/n), the 2nd in command, Ava, Liam, Noah, Harper, and (y/boyfriends/n). (will use (y/bf/n for boyfriend from now on. and if any of the names are ours just change them.)