32→ Christmas decorations

—♦︎♦︎♦︎—
Narrative + Twitch
—♦︎♦︎♦︎—

"Eve! Eve! Eve!" Marley burst into her roommate's room with a giddy tone and a wide smile plastered across her face. "Guess what day it is?"

The youtuber received a groan for a response from the burrito-like figure lying in Genevieve's bed. "It's a Tuesday morning, your enthusiasm is too much."

"Firstly, rude. Secondly, if you don't answer my question I'll pull your covers off the bed."

"You wouldn't." Genevieve stated, still wrapped in her sage green duvet.

"Wouldn't I?" Marley asked quickly pulling the green thick fabric of the bed and onto the floor making Genevieve curl into a ball.

"F*ck you it's cold!" The faceless streamer yelped, grabbing onto a nearby blanket and wrapping it around herself. After making sure the blanket was tightly around her, Genevieve sighed and rubbed her eyes out of tiredness. "What day is it?

"It's the first of December! Meaning the countdown to Christmas has officially started!" Marley squealed out of excitement.

"Yay." The French girl replied unenthusiastically. "But we still have to go to school."

"However that mean we are putting up Christmas decorations!" The youtuber explained before sitting next to her roommate, a smirk appearing on her face. "It's also a countdown until you see Niki again."

Genevieve missed Niki. She knew she would see her soon enough but she still missed her. Phone calls weren't the same as physical hugs or kisses they shared. The weekend they arrived back in the north of England went past slowly. Genevieve was sad- 'sad' was the wrong word to use, it didn't describe her feeling well. Genevieve almost felt ill, not ill as in a fever or a sore throat but ill because she felt something was missing. She knew that 'something' was Niki but there was nothing she could do.

Under a month until you can she her again, she thought and repeated to herself again.

Almost scorching temperatures hit Genevieve's back as she showered. She loved the hot temperatures especially it the colder months. Even though she was more of a bath person, showered allowed her time to think and pretend she was performing a concert- it was amazing. After that she brushed her teeth, changed clothes and applied a light amount of makeup.

As she walked into the living space her phone pinged.

Beautiful 🙌🏻
Good morning! Good luck at
uni, can't wait to talk to you
after :)

Niki's morning messages always managed to put a smile on her face.

Lovely 🎃
Thank you :) Have a good day
WoRkINg
Can't wait to talk to you!

"Ahh, young love." Marley commented from behind her roommate scaring her. This out a grin on her face.

"Do not do that!"

"Nah I think I will, it's fun." Marley smiled before she put her shoes on and gestured Genevieve's do the same.

"What's up with her?" Michelle asked Marley at the counter of the cafe. The barista motioned at Genevieve who sat at one of the dark wood tables with her head in her hands.