31 - may these memories break our fall

Start from the beginning

"Skylar, they'll be here soon," Meghan, a woman from Taylor Nation, told me. She was standing with an iPad, looking very professional, and I smiled up at her and nodded. Meghan was the woman who'd let me in behind the curtains to meet Taylor in the Rep Room, and we'd had time to get to know each other better since then. She was really nice and one of the few Taylor Nation workers who actually seemed interested in getting to know me and having a conversation with me.

"Okay!" I replied happily, leaping out of my seat before I hurried through the house to the small window overlooking the driveway. It had stopped raining which was good because the Swifties were supposed to wait outside for the majority of the time, and it would suck if it rained.

Taylor wasn't there yet so I sat down on the floor to wait. A couple of minutes passed before I stood up again to check if they had arrived, and I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw the first bus pull up farther down the driveway.

"Oh my god. Mom! They're here!" I shouted, but didn't get a reply and no one was around, so I just settled on watching them alone.

I couldn't see their faces at first as they were too far away, but they all seemed super excited and happy to be there. When the group had exited the first bus, the second one pulled up and dropped off a new group of Swifties. This group seemed to be good friends already as they were all chatting and laughing together.

The TN workers started going through all of them with a metal detector before the third bus had pulled up, and as more people passed security, they were being led into the backyard. I could finally make out some of their faces when they came closer and saw a group of people searching the windows before they spotted me. It had totally slipped my mind how a window worked and that they could see me if I could see them, so I just waved awkwardly at them. They waved back and looked to be freaking out. I was really glad that no one from TN or Taylor was there with me because they probably wouldn't have liked anyone to see me, but since no one had told me otherwise, I didn't move from where I was standing.

My eyes scanned the faces that I slowly started to be able to make out. There were so many people out there, 113 to be exact, because the information to the Secret Session in Rhode Island had been leaked and all of those Swifties were relocated to come here too instead. I suddenly started to recognize people, and my hand flew to cover my mouth as I saw Jess, Wyatt, Grace, Lacey, and some other people who Connor and I had met at the Swiftie meet-up before the show. They didn't see me, and when I scanned the people behind them, I let out a loud squeal. Standing next to her mom, another girl and a woman, was Maeve.

Without a moment's hesitation, I turned around and ran through the house as fast as I could. I passed Meghan and Taylor who both called out after me asking what I was doing, but I ignored them and dashed through the front door, shutting it behind me. Lots of eyes were on me but I didn't care as I rushed down the steps and zigzagged between people until I collided with my best friend.

We both started squealing and jumping up and down without really saying actual words, we were both just so excited for her to be there.

"Oh my god! Maeve, you're here!" I said when we'd stopped jumping, but I was still holding onto her hands.

"Ahh! I can't believe this! I'm actually here! At Mama Swift's house! And I get to see Taylor in person!" Maeve squealed, and we were grinning widely at each other.

"I told you you would!" I exclaimed, and she nodded.

"I know!"